10 : One bad night

X.

A week day for day after Y/N's first night with Rosé, she found herself weak against alcohol's temptation at the club Seulgi had dragged her in.

She had also invited Sunmi, whom Y/N had never met but found very attractive and a bit intimidating.

Chaeyoung from Twice and Sana and Momo, had joined, along with Wendy and the two Sooyoungs.

She ended up alone with Sunmi at the bar of a very big, very luxurious club.

"I didn't think you guys were able to go out that much," Y/N confessed to Sunmi, talking as loud as she could over the music, slurring her words a little bit.

Maybe she had a little alcohol management problem, but maybe it was the stress of her never-ending days of work trying to escape through weekend excesses.
After all, nobody could be all proper and good behaving all the time.
She would know that more than anyone else now, despite appearances, people had a way to challenge societal expectations more often than not, is what she thought.

Sunmi burst out laughing, visibly drunk as well, and they leaned on the bar next to each other as they waited for their drinks.

"Do you think we only stay home and perform like robots?

-Well, no but...

-The owners of the club are in on it."She gave her answer."They receive generous and anonymous compensation from some entertainment agencies to hold really big parties filled with people who don't give one shit about celebrities."

She thanked the waitress, eyeing her up, biting her lip, before Y/N snapped her finger in front of her, making her laugh, and finish her sentence.

"So that way everyone wins."She sipped her drink. " We get to feel normal for one night a week or less...or more", she said with a wink, " and they get their precious money."She scoffed.

Y/N nodded, it made sense. She chugged her drink as well, looking into emptiness and wondering if the Blackpink girls often went out as well.
It was something she couldn't have been in the position of knowing, as she hadn't known them for long. She wondered if they were allowed to drink alcohol publicly, before reminding herself dumbly she had seen them wasted in front of the entire YG company the previous Saturday. Her mind went to Rosé, her bright smile, the way her eyebrows and face distorted during difficult moments, her deep angelic voice, and her inexplicable ways.

She looked so intriguing to Y/N's eyes, in a way she couldn't reason herself.
She had seen her every day for a while now, but still, she couldn't get enough or tell herself this was just a normal human. No, she shook her head to no one in particular, not noticing the amused look from the waitress, Rosé had to be an angel or something.
That was why Y/N reacted this way to her, she told herself.
Her feelings weren't in question, Y/N wasn't in question. It was only because Rosé was this way, and surely everyone felt and saw her the same way that Y/N did.

She turned her head to Sunmi, in a moment of clarity, and followed the dark-haired woman's gaze, through the crowd.

"Do you also have a crush on Joy ?"Y/N laughed, teasing the older woman, noticing how her look was lingering towards the group Joy Seulgi and Momo made, while Sana Chaeyoung Sooyoung and Wendy were scattered elsewhere.

More precisely, Wendy and Chaeyoung were in a chugging competition of tequila shots, while Sana filmed excitedly cheering for no one in particular, and Sooyong did the same.

Sunmi's eyes snapped out of their trance, and she turned to look at Y/N with a teasing look.

"Also? Meaning you have a crush on Joy?"She teased.