37 : Perfect Match (M)

XXXVII.

Y/N let her head hang low between her shoulders as her forearms rested on the glass fences of Lisa's balcony.

She exhaled slowly.

Suddenly, she felt a warm hand on the back of her neck, and jolted, turning around.

She met Rosé's widened and doe-like brown eyes, her agape mouth.

Y/N's eyes traced her angelic features, her plump pink lips, the shape of her jaw.

Her eyes fell on her bruised neck, she felt jealousy burn the insides of her stomach.
She remembered her own failure and felt a desperate need to cry like a baby.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." The idol apologized.

Y/N shook her head dismissively. Mute.

"I didn't hear you coming." She mumbled.

She turned her head back towards the city view, and felt her ex-girlfriend move to her left side, her warm hand sliding off Y/N's neck gently.
Y/N felt guiltier and guiltier by the minute for the minutes spent unknowingly cheating on the blonde with Jennie Kim.

"You're cold." The idol stated. A silence passed.
Y/N tensed up then realized the girl was referring to her body temperature.

"Are you okay babe?"She blushed at the pet-name, feeling a little bit embarrassed at how easily it had escaped her lips. Feared it was too bold.

She hoped Y/N wouldn't notice how flushed she was.
Their relationship had once started not so innocently, but now it felt like even a k-drama pace was too scary and fast for them.

Y/N emitted a small smile, feeling the bliss of being called in such a way by her ex girlfriend , after such a long time.

"I'm fine," She lied. "I just needed some air, I drank too much I was afraid I'd puke on Lisa's new carpet."

The blonde emitted an amused exhale.

"That would have been bad.

-Hm hm.

-Hey listen, are you ... hum..."She cleared her throat.

Y/N turned to look at the blonde who was visibly getting more and more flustered by the minute.

"Are you mad about...you know."She trailed off with a nervous hand gesture to her neck.

Y/N seemed to hesitate and then shook her head.

"I'm not mad at you.

-Oh really?"The blonde seemed surprised.

She sighed in relief but still felt uneasy.

Deep down she knew that what had happened meant absolutely nothing to her. Nothing more than the fact that she needed to stop drinking so much.

And that she missed Lisa.

But she still felt guilty and anxious.

She twisted a strand of her hair nervously.

Y/N only watched her but said nothing.

Suddenly, she took a step closer to Rosé and the blonde realized how close they had been already. Her breath itched in her throat and she let out a surprised gasp when Y/N's hands came to rest on each side of her collarbone.

They locked eyes and Rosé felt her body freeze, as if she had been in a really good dream and was afraid to wake up.

Y/N's eyes dropped to her lips.