12: The last time

XII.

Rosé had to pause for a minute upon entering the hotel's gym.

Of course, Y/N would be there.

Her first instinct was to turn on her heels and close the door behind her as she left.

But she remembered how she had been scolded by YG for not breaking things up with Y/N quickly and clearly enough. This was her chance.

She loathed what everything had come to. But she knew she had absolutely no other choice than to get Y/N out of there as soon as she could, to protect Y/N's career and her personal life at any cost.  And if that meant Rosé had to get her to hate her, then so be it.

She stared at Y/N's back, who reached for something in her gym bag at the other end of the room. Rosé really couldn't get enough of the girl. It was bad enough she had to break up with her, but even worse when she felt like she had just met Y/N yesterday.

She remembered it perfectly.

The way they had, in such a cliché, ran into each other at YG's building, making Y/N drop her phone to the ground. The way their hands had brushed against each other so timidly, for the first time.

She remembered feeling so shy and bubbly at the gesture, at the scent of Y/N's perfume, one she had never encountered before meeting her.

She remembered how their eyes had then met, hands too close to each other, in that elevator, as if time had stopped. How Y/N's cheeks had turned a little red, how they'd introduced themselves so formally, and how uncomfortable it was.

As she stepped into the room, she let out a quiet sigh.
She hated that she was starting to get used to it. Her fake bitchy demeanor towards Y/N.
It had been a whole month since they'd first talk about the Dispatch article, one on one.

But Rosé just couldn't bring herself to be in the same room as Y/N anymore, knowing what she had to do. She would throw vicious stares and venomous words at her girlfriend, she really did, try her best.

But Y/N still looked at her like Rosé put the stars in the sky, and the idol could never bring herself to talk to her seriously again to end their relationship once and for all.

The insufferable waiting game was still better than nothing at all. Than not seeing Y/N.

Than not being with Y/N.

"You're late again, did you hook up with that Camera crew hottie again?" Y/N's voice filled the silent and spacious room, and Rosé had to remind herself to breathe.

She closed her eyes, breathing through her mouth to keep her act together.

She thought she had been discreet enough to go unnoticed, but now she had no choice but to face Y/N and knew she couldn't run away. She almost wanted to cry at how soft and nice Y/N's voice had been towards her. Only because she thought she was someone else.

Would Rosé never hear this tone from Y/N's soft lips ever again?

Without wanting to, she couldn't find the strength to reply in time, and Y/N unfortunately soon noticed the silence that had answered her. Rosé could only watch intently, her heart sinking as Y/N turned her head and came face to face with the idol standing in the middle of the room, a few feet apart from Y/N and the glass panel behind the manager.

Rosé knew she should open her mouth to talk but she just couldn't focus on anything else but trying to breathe properly through her nose, unable to look anywhere else but in Y/N's eyes.