15: Bad karma

XV.

To say that "Ddu-ddu-ddu" had been well received by the general public would've been an understatement.

YG had planned for the girls to appear on a US television program as well, to broaden their horizons.

He had, apparently, realized their potential, at last.

But for now, they had to appear live on SBS for their official comeback stage.

The girls were excited, they had been standing around for too long not being on stage, being out of the public eye after Blackpink House had ended.

Outfitted, getting their last retouches on their makeup, they looked and felt like soldiers going to the battlefield.

Just classier. And in high heels.

"What do you guys want to eat later?"Lisa asked, her eyes glued to the ceiling as a makeup artist drew her eyeliner a little thicker.

Jennie, who had been on her phone, as often, put it down and looked at Lisa in disbelief from her own chair.

"How you can be hungry at times like these is beyond me, Lisa."She stated.

Y/N wasn't sure now if Jennie and Lisa's teasings were only a game. She couldn't be sure how Jennie had meant it, what mood and energy really transpired between the pair of bandmates.

But they had an audience after all, and as Lisa's makeup artist announced she was done, Lisa thanked her politely.

If Jennie's remark had annoyed her she didn't show it.

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood."Is all she said, adding a wink in Jennie's direction for good measure, which made her makeup artist giggle.

Jennie did not laugh.

"Well, I think we deserve to treat ourselves," Jisoo chirped it with a smile, ignoring the tension between her bandmates completely.

Y/N smiled at the girl's behavior.

She always seemed so unbothered, Y/N couldn't hide her admiration for the older woman.

"Right, Chaeng?"Jisoo suddenly asked Chaeyoung, who was looking at herself up and down in the mirror, checking her skirt, lifting her feet to get used to the weight of her shoes.

She looked taken aback that she was suddenly solicited, and nodded with a smile.

"Sure, unnie. Whatever you guys want, as long as it's really good! " She agreed with a chuckle.

Chaeyoung looked beautiful as always, but honestly too stressed to Y/N's taste.

"I'll make a reservation when your minds are set," Y/N announced, causing the girls to smile in appreciation.

Wordlessly, she approached the idol she was supposed to have under her wing and started massaging her shoulders gently, her warm hands making Chaeyoung shiver as they brushed against her cold skin.

At first, she was taken aback by her manager's actions, but then quickly let a sigh of relief escape her lips.

"Oh, Y/N can I get one too when you're done?"Lisa exclaimed, walking up to the pair with a coke in her hand.

Y/N chuckled, not answering right away, and gestured to a plastic container on the coffee table in the center of the room. Without needing to use words, Lisa had grabbed it and given it to Chaeyoung who accepted the gift of white rice gratefully.