13: Red

XIII.
(TW: mention of eating disorders)

"Haven't you heard?"Sooyoung's head shot up at hearing her name from her co-worker Emily's voice.

The brunette was standing up next to her chair, and Sooyoung looked up from her computer screen.

"Heard what?"Sooyoung asked, eager to hear Emily's gossip.

Her friend looked around, to make sure no one was eavesdropping.

As if the people on the fifth floor didn't have better things to do than to listen to two newbies' rumors. The fifth floor was mostly commercial, and Sooyoung spent more time there than she would have liked to when she had first enrolled.

She had hoped for a little more action, but she was patient and could wait to get the gig of her life. She only crossed paths with Emily because the girl worked on the fifth floor most of the time, while Sooyoung was only there half the time.

Her job involved a lot of running around to tell people things on different floors, sending emails to plan events. She wasn't sure what Emily was doing though.

Probably finance? Something like that? There was no way she was a full-time rumor-spreader.

She turned her chair around to face Emily anyways and put her pen down.

"Blackpink has a new manager!"Emily whispered yelled, hiding part of her face with her hand.

Sooyoung raised an unimpressed brow.

"Yeah, I know. Y/N, the manager assistant I told you about, right?

-Oh right. I forgot you were friends with her. She already told you?"Emily pouted, clearly disappointed.

Sooyoung shook her head, checking her phone to realize a friend had texted her.

"Is that from her?"Emily asked curiously, trying to read the text from above.

"Yeah," Sooyoung locked her phone. "Why are you so interested?"She laughed amused by Emily's curious nature.
Truth be told, it was a little more than curiosity in Sooyoung's eyes, and she felt something that made her a little anxious coming from Emily. Like one wrong word from anyone in the office would end up spiraling in a wild rumor to entertain the fifth floor.

"Dunno."Emily shrugged, sitting on Sooyoung's desk, crossing her arms thoughtfully. "I just never heard of someone getting promoted that fast. She got here like, two or three months ago, right?

- I guess she's just that good. I'm personally happy for her. She seems like a pretty chill and down-to-earth person.

- Of course."Emily agreed.

A moment of silence passed.

"So she told you she specifically was assigned to Rosé?"Emily asked again, whispering.

Sooyoung nodded and chuckled.

"Yes, Emily. She told me.

- And you don't think that's weird?"

Sooyoung's brows furrowed as she sighed, scratching the nape of her neck. Emily was really set on not letting Sooyoung get any work done.

She thought back on how she should probably answer Y/N's text next and wondered if Wendy had texted her.

The girl was very charming, for sure. And Sooyoung was not in the right mindset for a relationship, but she could do with a little bit of entertainment.
No pun intended.

"You know..." Emily trailed with a quiet voice, "that she's...

-That she's what?"Sooyoung looked at her with wide eyes now, waiting on her next words.