9 : If it were you

( https://youtu.be/fmIiaW8HkFg   link for the song Rosé sings )

IX.

That day after staying at the girl's flat, Y/N had driven Joy home, not without getting caught by Seulgi who invited her over for dinner.

The drive was comfortably quiet, with some gossip here and there.

Surprisingly enough, Joy didn't ask Y/N about the obvious elephant in the room, and Y/N didn't ask Joy why she didn't know she was seeing Jisoo like that.

When they arrived Joy hugged goodbye in front of the door, a rare delicacy Y/N appreciated and reciprocated, as the feeling was familiar and comforting.

However, Yeri caught them at the door, and instantly invited Y/N in, while eyeing the two suspiciously.

Y/N was about to explain that she should've been headed home because it was already late afternoon, and tomorrow was Monday, but eventually couldn't refuse a nice evening with the girls.

"I've heard from Moonbyul there's this really cool new restaurant in Itaewon," Seulgi gossiped in the middle of dinner.

"Moonbyul?"Y/N asked. "It's been a while since I've seen her."She recalled.
She had run into her as she was meeting Seulgi one day, but never into one of the other girls belonging to her group. The meeting was brief and polite, but Y/N had felt a really good vibe from the idol and wasn't surprised Seulgi and her were friends.

"Me neither."Yeri chipped in, taking a bite of the multiple-course dinner they were having.

Her crunches emitted loud sounds as she tore the chicken strips apart.

"Why don't we plan a group hangout?"Irene proposed.

Y/N and Seulgi nodded in unison.

"That's a great idea, unnie!"Wendy agreed before her eyes turned to Joy who had been staying silent for a while now.

The other girl's eyes followed her gaze, and Joy blushed in embarrassment, realizing all eyes were on her.

"Sorry, I'm kind of in my head today," she apologized sheepishly, "I guess I'm still tired."

Yeri nodded, but Irene arched a brow, and Seulgi grabbed Y/N's wrist under the table, knowing Irene's motherly instincts were kicking it.
Y/N patted her hand away, earning a whispered "ow" from Seulgi before Irene spoke up:

"Is everything not okay with Jisoo?"She asked with an almost inquisitive voice as if she just needed Joy to say yes to drive across town and strangle Jisoo.

Irene got along well with all of the Blackpink girls. But whatever it was Jisoo and Joy were occasionally doing, she figured it couldn't be completely harmless, and she sometimes found Joy to be more confused than anything by what transpired between them.

And Irene would've been lying if the fact they were pretty much in forbidden territory there, didn't put a cherry on top of her worries. Sure, she had given in herself to her bandmate Seulgi recently, but she knew she could handle that. She was, after all, older than Joy, and could take care of herself, and Seulgi. But then who was taking care of Joy?

Joy quickly shook her head.

"No, it's fine unnie. I swear I'm just tired, don't worry."She offered a tired smile, convincing her group leader to drop it, just as a loud slurping sound from Yeri who had continued eating shamelessly, made them all erupt into laughter.