PART 2/ 33: The problem

PART TWO

XXXI.

The blonde fiddled with the lighter in her hand as she hung the object above her own head, looking at it from afar. There was nothing special about it, you see.

She had been handed the black and white dotted lighter at her latest event in Saint Laurent's Flagship store in Seoul. Regular people paid for it.

How much? Rosé wouldn't know since this sort of thing was only in her possession through gifts. Just a brand name on a piece of plastic. Nothing fancy about it, nothing special.

"You know I think I've finally figured out what our problem is." She hummed.

With a short stroke of her finger, a small flame appeared in between her fingers with a clicking noise. She stopped instantly, her arm dropped along her body again, the other on her chest, toying with her collarbones with her right hand. She looked at the ceiling with empty eyes and a small smile appeared on her plump pink lips.

Y/N sat up, the white bed sheets now only covering her lower body, and Rosé's entire body except her shoulders, neck and head.

She looked at the blonde silently, not having the intention to speak before the woman.

Brown eyes finally bore into Y/N's, sending a shiver down her spine, as Rosé's head turned to look at her.

"We don't know each other."

Y/N pondered the statement for a short instant. Or more like, pretended to.

Didn't they?

"We used to. "Y/N replied with a hint of defensiveness.

"Maybe one or two years ago."

The blonde stopped as she saw Y/N look down at her crotch, as if the answer to all of her questions had been standing right there.

"Isn't that what makes it exciting?" The blonde asked again, trying to prove her point.
Y/N shrugged. She had never really thought about it that way.

"You're saying if you knew me more you wouldn't be attracted to me?" Y/N rephrased, to which Rosé replied by taking the entire bedsheet with her as she exited the bed to pad to the mini-fridge. Y/N's eyebrows furrowed at the loss of warmth, as she was left fully naked without any cover on the blonde's bed.

"I'm saying we were getting to know each other after we first met, and that's ... super exciting." Rosé tried to think out loud as clearly as she could as she brought a bottle of water to her lips.

After a few gulps she continued.

"And then...drama, and now it's been some time and we still don't know each other since we couldn't continue getting to know each other.

-I guess that's true." Y/N conceded. "I did meet your family though." She recalled almost like an afterthought.

"As my manager and friend. And I've never met yours.

-You have!" Y/N defended, thinking of her brother.

Rosé only eyed her with a surprised expression.

"My memory is not that bad Y/N."

Right. Maybe the only time they had a smart conversation after hooking up wasn't the best time to mention she had omitted to inform Rosé her co-worker was Y/N's step-brother.

She decided against opening her mouth again.

A weight on the bed made Y/N look at the blonde who had regained the mattress, and was now getting closer to Y/N.