― one.

[ ― one. ]

the chocolate brown cropped blazer fitted comfortably around her torso as she had layered her white button up with a matching coffee brown sweater vest, all tucked into a soft, beige pencil skirt which ended mid thigh ― just about meeting school standards. her feet were clad in a pair of white tennis shoes, completely clashing with the colours of her school uniform, but she paid no attention to it as she walked through the familiar halls of her high school. 

starting her final year of high school was exciting for the girl, as she bounced happily towards her classroom, despite the groggy and tired energy radiating off of every student she walked past, she didn't let it ruin her mood, excited to meet her best friend and talk about the one thing that kept her spirits up.

"sang-ah!" she excitedly waved at the boy, noticing him at his locker just as he shut the door. upon the sound of his nickname being shouted across the hall, he glanced in her general direction, the second hand embarrassment seeping in as he watched his best friend wave like a madman, catching the attention of many students around them ― several of them making fun of the way she behaved. however, yeosang had to give props to the girl, either she was good at hiding her emotions or she was completely oblivious to the people around her, kang yeosang believed it to be the latter.

"what's got you in such a good mood?" he questioned, turning to face the girl as she stood before him now. bae iseul grinned, holding her phone up to his face as it displayed a screenshot of the drama she was currently obsessed with, yeosang mentally rolling his eyes simply from the sight of it.

"did you watch last night's episode?" she questioned excitedly. "the way lee suho ordered jukyung around like that was so manly, i'd definitely want a guy do that to me." she fangirled, dreamily staring at her phone as yeosang sent her a look that told her she was crazy. "you wouldn't understand." she added, waving him off.

one thing you should know about bae iseul, the girl wasn't the most popular in her school. she was below average in looks, had average grades and her only friend was indeed kang yeosang, the boy she had known since birth. she thanked the lord that they were neighbours, otherwise iseul wouldn't have ever been able to make friends. however, despite how her life was practically falling apart and she probably had no chance of getting into college, or even a bright career path, she still remained a happy-go-lucky girl who obsessed over kdramas. the current one she had fallen completely in love with was tvn's new webtoon-based drama, 'true beauty'.