― eight.

[ ― eight. ] 

"ah, it doesn't look like my brother's home yet." gowoon pointed out, noticing the lack of presence of his motorcycle that was usually parked outside of the building. "unnie, do you want to come in for a bit?" gowoon questioned, smiling up at the girl. although iseul knew she shouldn't elongate her stay, she felt bad to leave the girl all by herself after what had happened.

"sure, only for a little bit though." iseul agreed, returning the smile as she followed the younger girl into the building. iseul found the small apartment home comforting in a way, reminding her of the small house she lived in with her grandparents. ah, but that wasn't real. 

"can i get you something to drink?" gowoon questioned, walking over to the fridge as iseul followed her, feeling slightly out of place in another person's house with a girl she had just met, and it wasn't like their encounter was the most pleasant setting either.

"just water will do." iseul answered with a smile, hands behind her back as she glanced around the living room. "how come you're home alone though? what about your parents?" iseul questioned, taking the water bottle that gowoon handed her before taking a seat on the sofa, iseul following suite. it was silent for a moment as iseul twisted open the bottle lid, taking a large sip as she glanced over at gowoon, feeling as if she had accidentally hit a nerve.

"my brother is always late home doing who knows what, and my mother," gowoon paused, glancing over at iseul who seemed to be listening intently. a soft smile replaced her knitted eyebrows. "my mother is currently in hospital." gowoon explained. iseul nodded, unsure of what to say next, she felt like she wasn't in the place to pry, especially since gowoon didn't mention a father ― it seemed like the girl was going through so much more than just being bullied at school.

"then, if you're ever home alone like this again, call me." iseul ordered, holding out her phone towards the girl. "to be honest, i don't have any friends right now," iseul chuckled, slightly embarrassed by her own confession. "so will you do me the honour of being my first friend?" iseul requested, tilting her head.