― twenty six.

"iseul?" the knock on the door didn't faze the girl as she laid in her bed. "iseul, sweetie. you're gonna be late." her mother's voice called out, hoping that it would get her up, but it seemed to have the opposite effect as iseul only pulled her covers higher up on herself. she could hear the woman release a deep sigh before her footsteps left the hallway. iseul guessed that she had finally left. 

the girl sighed, closing her eyes as she let time pass by endlessly. she couldn't believe what saemi had said to her, or rather she didn't want to believe. no matter how hard she tried to brush it off, it replayed in the back of her mind.

she wondered why seojun acted as if he never knew. even when they first had met, he had no clue who she was. had he been pretending all along? stringing her along until she fell right into his trap?

iseul deeply exhaled, as she slowly opened her eyes. the bullies are next level here. she thought to herself, pulling the covers off of her when it suddenly got too hot. taking in a deep breath, iseul's mind continued to run a million miles a minute, the new information that she had been given finally processing through her mind. 

throwing off her covers, she walked over to her desk and sat down, grabbing a notepad and pen. opening it up, she began scribbling down the chain of events since she arrived, trying to piece the puzzle together as she wondered how the recent chain of events linked to how she would get back home.

"so yeosang said that i don't belong here, i got into a car accident before i woke up here and apparently han seojun caused it," she listed out, drawing arrows between words as she tried to link them together. "the accident wiped away my memories and i couldn't remember soojin who i'm apparently best friends with?" she continued, tilting her head in confusion. "in my other life, this was all a drama called true beauty, and i saw everything that was happening."

sucking in a deep breath through her teeth, this was where things got confusing for iseul. "in this world, is yeosang, who was never in the drama. i also had my grandparents, who aren't alive in this world, but there it's my parents who had gotten into the car accident and left." 

iseul hummed, scratching the top of her head as her face contorted into confusion, trying to understand the two worlds. "so then..." she trailed off, pursing her lips as she pressed the bottom of the pen against her chin.