― twenty two.

 [ ― twenty two. ]

seojun glanced around, panting for breath as he tried to catch sight of iseul. she'd usually have a ride home, so he'd never see which direction she'd go off in when she went home, so he really hoped he was going the right way.

"hello?" he turned to his left, noticing the small kid's park he was walking past. his eyes caught sight of the familiar figure sat on the swings, a phone pressed against her ear as she kept her eyes fixed on the ground. "what do you mean you won't be back tomorrow?" seojun wondered if it was the right time to approach the girl, noticing the frustration in her tone. "you promised you'd be back." iseul sighed, shutting her eyes as she swallowed the words she wanted to say. "okay, i'll see you later." 

the girl hung up the call, her hand dropping into her lap as she hung her head. seojun quietly approached the girl, wondering what he was even doing at this point, but his feet were moving before he could stop himself. the crunch of rocks under his feet caught iseul's attention, the girl lifting her head as they both made eye contact, seojun stopping in his tracks as they were both surprised by one another.

"han seojun?" the boy was frozen in his spot, unable to find the words he wanted to say. iseul raised a questioning eyebrow, wondering why he was here in the first place. although she couldn't really be mad at him, she really didn't want to be alone in that moment and somehow, he showed up at the right time. 

seojun cleared his throat, finally finding his composure as he stood up straight, his hands in his pocket as he avoided her gaze. "don't get the wrong idea, i was just on my way home and i happened to hear your voice." he lied straight through his teeth, not wanting her to know that he was looking for her. 

"don't worry, i wasn't thinking that." she chuckled, shaking her head at him. seojun glanced over at her, his heart doing that little thing when he sees her smile. wait, what? "are you just gonna stand there, or sit here with me?" she questioned, snapping him out of his daze. the boy nodded, taking a seat next to her on the swing beside her.