― seventeen.

[ ― seventeen. ]

bae iseul was beginning to regret her decision. she stared at the boy sat in front of her, her patience beginning to wear thin as his gaze remained fixed on her. seojun had spread half his body over the table as he sat next to her, his head propped up on his hand to get a better view of the girl as she busily studied for the exams. however, having seojun staring at her the whole time was a lot more distracting than she had anticipated. a sigh escaped her lips as she sat back in her seat, her gaze tearing away from her book as she met his gaze. 

seojun immediately perked up, a smile appearing on his lips. iseul couldn't help but compare him to a puppy. "what?" he questioned, the girl hadn't said anything yet and he felt a little self conscious.

"do you have to sit there like that the whole time? can't you read a book or something?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. 

"me? read a book?!" seojun laughed at her suggestion, taking iseul by surprise. she huffed, crossing her arms. 

"what's your place?" she questioned, wondering why this kid had so much confidence. seojun's laughter came to a halt as he sat up straight, avoiding the girl's gaze, hoping that she'd drop the subject, however, they both knew that definitely wouldn't happen.

"thirty-fifth..." he quietly mumbled, barely audible but iseul had caught it, a triumphant smile on her lips as a chuckle escaped her lips. "oh yeah, what about you, miss i'm-clearly-perfect-at-everything?" he fired back, mocking the girl.

"of course i got―" iseul cut herself off, remembering that her life before she had woken up didn't exist. her other life meant nothing in this world. her gaze lowered as she fiddled with the pencil in her hand. "i got into that accident." she quietly answered, the atmosphere becoming tense as seojun scolded himself for asking something so stupid. of course he remembered that there was a girl who had returned from waking up from a coma, he just didn't know it was iseul.