― twenty three.

[ ― twenty three. ]

"your parents sent you this." iseul groaned in surprise as she grabbed the box, wondering why it was so heavy. "they apologised for not being able to come back―"

"it's okay, i don't need to hear the excuse." iseul assured, sending the maid away as she shut the door behind her. walking back to her desk, she grabbed her scissors and cut open the gift, surprised to find a playstation console sat there. "why...?" she tried to piece the puzzle together, remembering that she used to beg for one when she was younger.

iseul sighed, gently throwing her scissors next to the desk before falling back onto her chair. "i wanna go back home." she mumbled to herself, missing the comfort of her grandparents. she was starting to realise that maybe there was a reason her parents were taken away from her, not that she was ungrateful seeing them again, but now she realised her life was her life for a reason.

her thoughts were cut off, the ding of a message coming through catching her attention. she smiled at the contact, realising that gowoon had messaged her asking to meet up. she happily sent a response agreeing, wanting to get out of the stuffiness of the house ― for such a big house, it truly felt suffocating being in there.

changing into a pair of black jeans, she paired it with her oversized turtleneck sweater, tucking it into the jeans. grabbing her phone, she made her way down the stairs, pulling on her thigh high leather boots and black trench coat to complete the outfit. taking one last glance in the mirror, she fixed her hair before making her way out. 

"iseul unnie!" gowoon waved at the girl as she entered the cafe, smiling brightly as she made her way over. "wah, you look so pretty." she complimented, iseul flushing bright red at the unexpected comment. 

"what are you talking about, so do you." iseul returned her compliment, smiling at the girl as she took a seat next to her. gowoon chuckled, shaking her head.

"even with your bare face," she pointed out. "you're still pretty, but with my bare face―"

"stop," iseul scolded before she could finish her sentence. "your face is gorgeous, you're lucky." iseul smiled, reaching up as she placed her hand gently on gowoon's cheek. this time it was the younger girl's turn to blush bright red as she was taken aback by the sudden intimacy.