― three.

[ ― three. ] 

"mum? dad?"  the girl stared between the two, tears immediately forming at her eyes as she wondered if it was a dream, but even as the girl's skin stung under her tight pinches informing her that she was indeed awake, she still couldn't believe the sight before her.

"seul-ah, what's wrong?" her mother questioned in concern, noticing her tears first as she placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"mum!" the girl cried, throwing herself onto her mother, loud sobs resonating through the kitchen as her parents glanced at one another, wondering what was wrong with their daughter. "it's really you, you're really here." her voice was muffled due to her crying and her face pressed against her mother's shoulder, but her mother still heard her words.

"yes sweetie, i've always been here." her mother reassured, hugging the girl back as she rubbed comforting circles into her back, wondering what had her daughter so in shock. "are you okay? did you want to take the day off from school?" she questioned, pulling the girl back to get a good look at her face, trying to figure out what had happened.

iseul sniffled, calming herself down as she wiped away her tears, still unable to believe the reality before her. she shook her head in answer to her mother's question. "no, i'll be fine," iseul reassured, smiling reassuringly through her tears. "i'm just so happy to see you and dad again." she added, biting her lip to stop it from quivering. her parents smiled at the young girl, but the subtle concerning glances that they exchanged went unnoticed by iseul as she ran a hand through her hair, realising the mess she had caused due to her shock. 

"okay, well how about you get dressed and i'll handle breakfast." iseul's mother suggested. "honey, could you clean this mess up?" she instructed, guiding her daughter away from the shards of glass that decorated the floor, and towards the stairs. "you don't want to miss your first day at saebom, now do you?" she rhetorically questioned as iseul came to a sudden halt.