― nineteen.

[ ― nineteen. ] 

"is this really all fake?"

"what are you talking about?" yeosang chuckled, trying to play it off as if it were nothing but iseul wasn't falling for it this time. the girl stood up straight, grabbing his wrist as she glared at him. 

"tell me the truth, this is a drama, right? this isn't my real life, is it?" she questioned, making sure that he wouldn't get away this time. "m-my grandparents are still alive, right?" she hesitantly added, wishing that there was still a chance to see the two people who meant the world to her, even if it meant giving up her parents here.

yeosang sighed, unable to hide the truth anymore. there was no way he could continue to lie to her when she was so desperate. "you're right," he mumbled, his gaze dropping to the floor as he felt to shameful to meet her eyes. "this isn't where we belong." he admitted. "you don't belong here, iseul." his confirmation was enough for iseul, tears springing to the girl's eyes as she felt a sense of relief from his words. 

"i'm so relieved." she breathed out, losing the grip on his wrist as she wiped at her eyes, tears of happiness making their way down her cheeks. she couldn't help but cry at the news, knowing that she still had the chance of seeing her grandparents again, and that she didn't lose her best friend. "wait," iseul sniffled, lifting her gaze to meet the boy's. "why did you lie to me? why did you keep it all a secret?" she questioned. yeosang sighed, the question that he was dreading this whole time finally being said.

"i didn't want you to look at me as a friend," he admitted, taking iseul by surprise once again. he doesn't want to be friends anymore? she thought to herself, wondering what she had done wrong. "i want you to look at me as a man, iseul." he finished. iseul didn't know what to say, her heart torn at his words as she wondered what he meant. "i like you." he finally confessed, the words that had been stuck at the back of his throat for years, finally made its way out.