― nine.

[ ― nine. ] 

"iseul-ah. you're going to be late, sweetie." the girl could feel a hand shaking her awake, wrecking her dream train as her eyes slowly fluttered open. glancing around at her surroundings, she found her mother's face only inches away from her own, taking her by surprise as she shot up.

"what time is it?" she questioned, looking around for her phone, wondering why her alarm hadn't woken her up. 

"it's eight a.m." her mother answered, as iseul finally found the device only to realise that it had died and she had completely forgotten to plug it in before she fell asleep last night. hurriedly the girl plugged in the phone, before throwing off her covers.

"i'm gonna be late." she panicked, heading towards her bathroom.

"breakfast is already ready, make sure you eat something before you go." her mother called out, heading for the exit of her bedroom. iseul paused in her panic, stepping back as she glanced over at her mother.

"where are you going?" she questioned, now noticing how her mother was dressed in a business suit. iseul sometimes forgot that the parents she knew from her dreams were different to the ones she actually had. 

"you're father and i have some business to attend to in tokyo, we'll probably be gone for a couple of days, but―"

"you're leaving?" iseul questioned, cutting off her mother. now that she thought about it, since she had woken up in this world, she had only seen her parents properly maybe less than five times now? she thought she'd get a lot more time to spend with them, giving that the girl was almost dead a few weeks ago, it was only natural for her to think that her parents would spend more time with her whilst they still could. however, it was obvious to iseul that there was something far more important to them than her.