― twenty four

[ ― twenty four ]

"yah! han seojun!" iseul squealed in surprise, chasing the boy as he quickly ducked for cover, knowing that the girl was ready to murder him. the both were filled with laughter, the dying sound of iseul's character being heard from the arcade machine as seojun won by throwing her off. "ah, i was about to win." she whined, although she was doing an awful job at the game, now she had no idea if it was because she was just genuinely bad.

"ow, okay okay, i give up." he held his hands up in defence whilst iseul weakly hit his arm, glaring at the boy. 

she huffed in annoyance, crossing her arms as she looked away from him before walking out of the building. "ah, don't be sulky." he cutely whined, following after the girl as her cheeks began to flush red. she was beginning to understand her grandmother's taste in the bad boys. the bad boys have the softest hearts. suddenly remembering her grandmother's words, she couldn't help but stop in her tracks before turning to look up at him, wondering how things would be different if he did end up with jukyung. 

"what? why are you just staring at me?" he questioned, suddenly feeling awkward. 

"can i ask a question?" she suddenly asked.

"you just did?" he teased, tilting his head at her. "go on." he chuckled after she scowled at the boy for the lame joke. placing his hands on her shoulder, he guided her to a bench that was just outside of the arcade, the both of them sitting down before he waited for her to ask her question. 

"why do you believe me? about me not belonging here, and how this is all just a show?" seojun hummed, sitting back against the bench as iseul stared at him curiously. 

"i don't really see any reason for you to lie about it." he admitted, shrugging his shoulders as if it was that simple. "why? were you really lying?" he questioned, leaning forward. 

"no!" she was quick to exclaim, rolling her eyes at the accusation. "but it just sounds crazy." she quietly added, picking at her nails as she avoided looking at him. "i don't even know how to go home, but now..." she trailed off, her eyes widening as she realised what she was about to say.