― fourteen.

[ ― fourteen. ] 

"how am i supposed to give these back?" iseul sighed, staring at the keys sitting in her hands. she was sat at the bottom of the staircase that led to the rooftop, they had a free study period and the girl had gone off to the library to study. however, towards the end of the lesson she had packed her things away and realised that she still hadn't returned seojun's keys.

the keys were suddenly snatched out of her hands, taking her by surprise as her head shot up to find the culprit who had stolen seojun's keys. speak of the devil. she thought to herself, realising that it was han seojun himself who had taken back his keys. that was easier. "what are you doing here with my keys?" he questioned, raising a questioning eyebrow at the girl. iseul stood up from the staircase, dusting herself off as she lifted her gaze to meet his. 

"i was going to return them..." iseul trailed off, feeling slightly intimidated under his piercing stare. realising that she was just staring at him, she turned away as she ran a hand through her hair, knowing that her cheeks were probably burning a bright shade of embarrassing red. "anyway, since you have them back now, i'll be going―" iseul attempted to escape, however her route was blocked as seojun held his arm up, iseul surprised by the sudden action. seojun sighed, glancing around before turning his gaze towards iseul, however the both of them were taken by surprise by their sudden proximity, neither realising just how close they were to one another until now. 

neither of them moved, iseul wondered if she was even still breathing at this point, unable to think straight as she looked into his eyes. she watched as the boy visibly gulped, his gaze dropping to her lips for a split second, but long enough for her to notice. no. iseul ignored the butterfly feeling in her stomach as she stepped back first, quietly releasing the breath she had been holding. iseul took this chance to escape whilst seojun was stuck in a daze, she ducked beneath his arm before hurrying down the hallway and back to the classroom to grab her things. 

as soon as iseul had made it round the corner, she leaned against the wall, placing a hand against her racing heart. no way. she thought to herself. the one thing that she promised herself she wouldn't do in this world was happening. if she wanted to return to her normal, then there was no way she could get attached.