Chapter 9

Ashlyn had almost became Blake's top priority. Every chance he got he made time for her. She never asked for nothing but attention and time, which is why he gave her more. He left just enough space in between them to show her he was no push over or trick. Some women intended to use men of his stature. Blake even went as far as to not using condoms with Ashlyn no more. He prayed he wasn't making a mistake by doing so.

Blake decided to pop up on his mother Regina. No matter how enstranged their relationship were, she was still MAMA. He didn't want to show up empty handed so he got her some women's Christian Dior sunglasses with the matching flip flops and cardigan. Eric, Blake's father always kept Regina in the finest threads so she wasn't settling for less. Eric spoiled his daughters Rachel and Vanessa too which resulted in them dating men that atleast brought more than they did to the table. Blake eyed his mother's lawn before stepping out his Car. Laughter erupted from the back of his mothers home. He walked around the back to find his mother and sisters sitting with their feet in the pool sipping martinis.

"Is that who I think it is?!" Vanessa gushed as she threw a towel around her.

"He brought goodies with him too." Rachel eyed the bags Blake held in his arms.

"These are for my beautiful mother not you two ugly meerkats!" Blake joked.

"Blake you just became cute like two years ago!" Vanessa rolled her eyes then giggled.

Blake smiled as he watched his mother open the bags and pull the items out. She got up to kiss Blake. Of course she had to tippy toe being that Blake was 6 feet.

"Thanks my little blue eyed angel!" Regina hugged Blake.

"Devil!" Vanessa teased.

"Hater!" Blake shot back.

Blake was happy to see his mother smiling for once. Regina went inside to put her gifts away. She came back out with her speaker. Blake sat in the lawn chair just watching his sisters and mother sing and sip martinis. Rachel had took shot after shot of Patron and Hennessy. She tended to talk alot when she got loaded. Rachel knew all of Blake's secrets. Maybe she felt she wasn't doing damage by running her mouth about Ashlyn but Blake hate she said anything.

"Blake has a new girlfriend and she's pretty as hell with an ass most women are paying for." Rachel smiled.

"Rachel really?" Blake could feel his ears burning.

"Whattt? She's  pretty. What's wrong with that?!" Vanessa asked.

"So is it true? You're turning red in the face son. Oh my Blake has found love. Its about time I was becoming worried about you." Regina winked at Blake.

"Yo chill! Y'all done had too much to drink. I think Imma come back tomorrow." Blake put his hands over his face then took them off his face.

"Mom you have to meet her. She's so nice. She is the prettiest black girl I've ever seen. She's top notch!" Rachel continued talking.

"Black?" Regina looked from Rachel to Blake.

"Um yea she's black. Mama I know you're not still stuck on what happened to you and daddy. Its not every black woman's fa-"

Regina slapped Rachel across her face then glared at Blake. Blake knew she was about to raise hell. Rachel was engaged to a black man, Vanessa was off and on with a black man. Why couldn't she just accept the fact that her kids dated outside their race?

"The only good thing about your alcoholic ass is you talk a damn lot when you're drunk!!" Regina screamed at Rachel.

"Mama!" Rachel held her face as she looked up at her mother.

"All she said was that Bl-" Vanessa tried to jump to Blake's defense.

"Oh shutup before I slap you next!" Regina hovered over Vanessa.

"She's not ever welcomed here. I don't want to meet her!" Regina turned her attention towards Blake.

"Why? Because dad lef-"

"Blake Carmichael Myers! If you even dare say what I think you're about to say I will slap you a lot harder than I've slapped Rachel! I'm older but these hands are still young! You could have any woman you want, any and you go follow right into your father's footsteps. Blake you are in for a rude of awakening!"Regina shook her head.

Rachel and Vanessa slowly dismissed themselves from the conversation by walking away. Rachel held her face as she cried softly. Vanessa hugged her big sister and guided her through the door. Blake just stared straight ahead. Reginae walked around in circles.

" So how long have you been seeing her?!" Regina got in Blake face.

"What does it  matter? She nor I have a damn thing to do with what happened between you and dad.... Nothing at all! Look around!! Vanessa and Von be off and on, Von is black, Rachel will be married in 3 months to Brandon, Brandon is black, Adrian dates black women, Chad dates both black and White women. All of your kids date outside their race. You gone have to accept it mama!" Blake looked his mother into her eyes.

"I don't have to accept a damn thing. Blake you're going to get used and when you are broke and can no longer give her the lavish life she wants don't say I didn't tell you so! You're a weakling to her, an easy come up. The love will never be real. I'm not allowing some whore who doesn't love my son for real to come smiling in my face!" Regina wiped a tear from her eye.

"You don't even know her to be saying all that about her!" Blake yelled.

"I know their kind. Trust me I know!" Regina said quietly.

"Has dad tried to come back since he left. He seems and look happy to me." Blake shrugged.

"You fucking bastard you!"

Regina threw a whole glass of Green Apple martini on him. Blake counted to ten backwards before getting up getting a towel. Regina stormed off into the house. Blake sighed as he pulled his phone out due to it constantly going off.  Rachel had texted him pouring her heart out saying how sorry she was for putting him on the spot. Regina tended to get violent when she drunk a lot so Blake brushed off the fact she just threw alcohol on him. He followed her into the house. Regina walked up to her bedroom. Blake followed her upstairs. She jumped into her bed with tears running down her face. Blake felt bad for his mama.

"I love you mama and I'm sorry." Blake walked over to her bed and kissed her forehead.

"She's going to hurt you Blake." Regina reminded him.