Chapter 28

"BLAKKEEEE!" Ashlyn groaned.

"I'm trying to get you there Ash. I can't risk getting pulled over by the police you know I'm still wanted." Blake looked in the mirror at Ashlyn who grimaced in pain in the backseat.

"HE'S COMING...... ARRGHHHHH!" Ashlyn growled.

"We almost there baby!" Blake promised.

"OK....OK....OK....OK...OK..!" Ashlyn began breathing hard.

Blake continued driving. He cut on the radio. Ashlyn breathing began to cease.

"I think he's going to have my colored eyes, your nose, my hair, your chin. He's going to be a bad ass lil kid if he takes after me when I was a child." Blake chuckled.

Ashlyn moaning had suddenly stopped. Blake figured she had finally calmed down. He called out to her and got no answer. He looked in the rear view mirror and noticed Ashlyn eyes were closed.

"Ashlyn?" Blake called out to Her.

No answer.

Blake pulled the car over and raced to the back of the car. Ashlyn's pulse was very faint. She wouldn't move when he nudged her. Blake grabbed his phone from his pocket out of fear. He dialed his father's number. Eric answered after the third ring.

"Yo!" Eric greeted Blake.

"Dad I need you to come to the hospital now. You should know which one I'm at. Ashlyn is about to have the baby!"

"Greeaatt son!! I'm on my way. I finally get to meet my grandson!" Eric cheered.

"She's not breathing hardly. I'm not even suppose to be here you know my situation Dad! She's not breathing as much and I can't lose her and my baby. " Blake pleaded.

"I'm going to call Amanda. She's at work now. She will send Amr to get Ashlyn. Leave your car at the front entrance. I just texted Amanda." Eric assured Blake.

"I owe you so much. I dont want to miss my son's birth but if I go in there they going to fuck with me." Blake ran back to the front of the car.

"Nah. You're good. Dont sign the birth certificate yet, Dont answer any questions, make sure Ash dont say your name at all when she pushes. I'm getting in my car now. We'll talk in person. I dont do phones when it come to business." Eric coughed.

"Bet!!" Blake hung up.

As promised, Amanda, Blake's cousin had come out to his car with AMR. Blake watched as they grabbed Ashlyn out the car carefully and pulled her on to the stretcher. She was unresponsive.. Blake shut his eyes and said a silent prayer. He walked over to the stretcher and kissed Ashlyn forehead. He then grabbed her hand.

"I love you baby wake up. Ash don't do this to me. Please dont hurt me like this baby." Blake squeezed her hand.

In seconds Ashlyn was being rushed to labor and delivery. Amanda pulled out a cigarette and walked over to Blake. He pulled his hoodie over his head as he watched her.

"Why didn't you go in there with her?" Amanda asked.

"Its too much. How's it looking in there?" Blake looked around.

"You might can go in there.  Its 3 in the morning nobody's coming to see a baby this time of night so its all gonna work out. " Amanda lit her cigarette.

"Are you sure?" Blake asked.

"We just have to shield you from the cameras." Amanda took another puff of her cigarette.

"Yoooo!" Eric called out.

Blake turned around quickly. Eric looked around before speaking.

"I don't think we can get you pass those cameras so this is what we will do, you gonna have to witness your son being born via video. How is she doing?" Eric asked.

"Bullshit!! I need to be in the room with her!! I dont care if I go to jail. I at least hope she made it and is strong enough to push my baby out!" Blake walked around in circles.

"Okay bad ass!! Let's go in there! Let's go now. Come on lil hard headed ass fucker!" Eric began walking to the emergency entrance.

Blake slid his Cartier frames on and followed Eric into the hospital. With each step his heart raced. So many thoughts ran thru his head. What if she was dead? If she was alive would she have strength to push their son into the world? Was she upset with him? Was he going to get caught? Blake let his father do the talking to the receptionist. After a few seconds of speaking with the receptionist, they began walking to Ashlyn's room. Blake rushed to her side and grabbed her hand immediately. She  tried to grip his hand but was too weak to do so.

"I'm here baby. Im not going nowhere!! You hear me? Ashlyn you not alone baby I got you. Let's do it!" He kissed her hand.

"Bllaaa-" she tried to respond.

"Shhhh.....shhhhh!" Eric shushed her.

Blake got close to her ear.

"Ashlyn, I'm risking so much by being here but I don't care. You can't call my name out. I'm still wanted so be mindful of that okay." Blake kissed her forehead.

Ashlyn nodded with tears in her eyes. Blake gazed into her eyes. She looked so tired and drained. She was hooked up to all kind of IVs. She pointed at the water pitcher that was filled with ice and water. Blake gave her some water. Nurses filed in the room because Ashlyn blacked out again. The machine she was hooked up to began going off. Blake crossed his fingers and blinked back tears as he watched the nurses swing into action. His dad patted him on the back.

"Son, its going to be alright. She's going to come through. My grandson is okay. Don't beat yourself up about it.

" What am I supposed to do if she don't make it? This my first love and my first child. Why she gotta go through this shit?" A tear dropped out of Blake's eye.