Chapter 36

Life had definitely gotten easier since Blake had came home. He took B.J. off her hands and spent most of his time in the house. He hardly wanted to leave B.J.'s side. Ashlyn hardly had any say so when it came to B.J. now. B.J. had dumped all of his toys in the middle of the floor. Ashlyn watched from the hallway as Blake interacted with B.J. He was gentle yet stern with him. As if he had eyes in the back of his head, he turned around and looked at Ashlyn.

"You still in your night clothes?" Blake looked her up and down.

"I just literally walked into the house three hours ago."

"Yea, that plane ride will make a motherfucker sleepy....I'm taking him to see grandma. You coming?" Blake grabbed a footlocker bag off the couch.

"I'm not going. I don't want to deal with your mom if she pops up." Ashlyn looked away.

"Fuck all that. I want you around. I want my son around. Y'all are my family. If she comes we'll just ignore her." Blake sat B.J. on the couch.

"I'm tired of  living like this. Why can't you just tell her we are together and we have a son?!" Ashlyn began picking up the toys.

"Go get dressed Ash. Dont ruin my mood please. Grandma wants to see you and B.J. Y'all done stole her from me." Blake turned his focus back on B.J. and began dressing him.

Ashlyn smiled as she thought of the beautiful Lauren LeBlanc. Ms. Lauren was so kind and caring. She never made Ashlyn feel unappreciated and unwelcomed. Ashlyn hopped in the shower to bathe quickly instead of her usual long bathe. Blake was on the phone with Baskin Robin's ice cream company. His grandmother loved icecream and cake. Blake also ordered her a small sized wedding/ice cream cake. He was so family oriented and thoughtful. It was getting cold and she needed a coat so Blake was going to gift her with a coat from Prada. Ashlyn got dressed in a thin two piece jogger set. From the smile on Blake's face he approved of her attire.

"Dont get too comfortable. I'm blowing your ass up again. I want another son!" Blake slapped her ass then squeezed it.

"Next year. Ouuuu look at u!" Ashlyn smiled down at B.J.

He and Blake was matching. Ashlyn walked B.J. to the car and got him situated inside the car. Blake made sure the house was locked up before joining his family in the car. He began the drive to his grandmother's home. She didn't even know they were coming by. Ashlyn looked over at Blake as he drove. He was definitely her soulmate. They stopped by Baskin Robinns to grab the ice cream then stopped by A place that did cakes or already had cakes made. Blake had his grandmother new coat wrapped up in a nice gift wrap.

Lauren LeBlanc was sitting on her porch listening to Michael Jackson. She loved music. Blake told Ashlyn not to get out the car yet, he was going to go check out the scene and make sure his grandma was home alone. Five minutes later Blake came back to the car smiling. Ashlyn knew that was her cue to get out of the car. She grabbed B.J. out the car, while Blake grabbed everything else.

"What you smiling for?" Ashlyn asked Blake.

"She called me a dead beat grandson. I didn't come see her when I got out of prison." Blake hit the lock key.

Ashlyn walked up the steps with B.J. he tried wiggling out of arms. Lauren took one look at B.J. then put her hand over her mouth. She looked from Blake to B.J. She slowly shook her head from side to side.

"Oh my god. Blake he's another you all over again. Wowww!" Lauren whispered.

Blake lead the party inside. Lauren couldn't take her eyes off B.J.

"Why didn't you bring him around sooner Ashlyn?" Lauren questioned.

"I was still an emotional wreck after Blake went to prison. I'm s-"

"Grandma, I got you some of your favorite ice cream and cake. Let's start eating before it gets to melting. You did any reading, any planting today? Need me to do something around the crib for ya." Blake had come to Ashlyn's rescue.

"Yummy. Everything is fine Carmichael. My lil handy man. " Lauren purred.

Ashlyn helped Blake set everything up. Lauren kept looking at Blake then B.J. Ashlyn caught her staring B.J. down. Blake handed his grandmother the wrapped gift.

"This is for you my love." Blake kissed her cheek.

"Oh Blake! I've told you about buying me things from places I can't pronounce. What's wrong with you?! She fake pouted.

All of the adults laughed. B. J. Looked at all of them then starting laughing too causing them to laugh. Ashlyn loved Blake and his grandma's relationship. Lauren gasped at the beautiful floor length trench coat and matching hat and gloves. The jacket was made of thick material that would for sure shield Lauren's slim thick frame. Blake kissed her cheeks then sat the gift on her recliner where she will remember it. She hugged Blake tight as ever once he came back in the kitchen.  Lauren wanted to interact with B.J. Ashlyn could see the curiosity in her eyes.

"You're much cuter than your dad. Are you going to be as sneaky as him? Nana gonna have to come to your rescue like she had to for your dad. Its in you, you're going to be a lil bad butt with your handsome self. Was y'all praying 50 times a day for a handsome baby because geesh he's got it honestly." Lauren ran her hair through B.J.'s curls.

"I wasn't that bad Nana!"

Lauren began reminiscing of the days Blake was young and she had to look after him. They were close. She practically took him in. He shared his first blunt with her. She even let him drink for his 15th birthday. Ashlyn learned that Blake had gotten a girl pregnant at 16 but Regina made her abort the baby and threatened to sue the family if they brought it up ever again. Lauren felt Regina was wrong. Blake looked over at Ashlyn then stood up to walk out the kitchen.

"I think he's upset." Ashlyn stood to follow Blake.

"Sit down! He's okay. Don't chase him and don't let him talk to you like that.  I've never shared that story with no one but you because you the only one he's ever been so serious about. Ashlyn I ruined Blake. I took him in and let him do whatever as long as he kept the house clean and his grades up. I knew he was selling drugs. He still sell them, he will never stop trust me I know." Lauren dabbed at her eyes.

Blake came back in the kitchen. He was on the phone. From the look on his face, Ashlyn knew it was a serious call. He walked over to her and kissed her on her lips, he then kissed his grandma on her forehead.

"I got to make a run. I will be back."

"Blake where are you going?" Ashlyn asked.

"Didn't I say I'll be back?!" Blake raised an eyebrow.

He was gone out the door in seconds. Lauren and Ashlyn ate more ice cream and cake while B.J. made a mess. Lauren gave a little more info on there family history. Ashlyn was taken back by some of the things Lauren revealed. She said Chad and Blake grew distant once Blake learned Chad was sleeping with Rena. It was all a mess. Lauren began cleaning the kitchen. Ashlyn joined her. Lauren wanted to watch lifetime. Her commentary was so funny.  They were so into the movie enjoying the moment together that they didn't hear Regina walking in the door.

She was a bitch but her beauty was unmatched. Ashlyn and Regina locked eyes. Regina smirked then she looked at her mother. She looked like she saw a ghost once she laid eyes on Baby Blake. She stared him down never taking her eyes off him.

"Who's baby is this Lauren?!" She asked.

Lauren looked at Ashlyn then Regina. Ashlyn hoped she didn't say he belonged to Blake. She was not in the mood to beat Regina's ass all thru the house. Lauren turned the TV up. Regina looked at Baby Blake again studying him. Ashlyn got up and gathered him in her arms. Regina eyes turned into evil slits.

"Why don't you sit down and join us? That's her nephew by the way." Lauren looked back at Regina.

Regina stared hard at Baby Blake. Ashlyn felt that deep down Regina wasn't buying Lauren's story. She texted Blake telling him not to come get her She'll catch a cab home because his mom was  here. She also told him that she keeps asking about B.J. Regina took out a lollipop then smiled.

"What's his name?"

Ashlyn swallowed hard before answering.

"He's good."