Chapter 58

Ashlyn never thought she was more happy to see Blake. He had been gone for three weeks instead of the two weeks he promised. She had to go get him from the airport in an hour. As she looked down at her pertruding stomach, she couldnt help but smile. They were slowly expanding their family. B.J. came running into the washer room saying someone was ringing the doorbell.

A wave of anger and chills ran thru Ashlyn body once she laid eyes on Regina. Regina stood with shopping bags in her hand. 

"What the fuck are you doing here? You got five seconds to get the fuck away from my door before I spit on your ass then beat the fuck out you since you love spitting on people!!! Five, four, th-"

Regina slowly removed her Dolce and Gabana shades of her face, revealing the fact that she was indeed crying. Her green eyes glistened with tears as they slowly ran down her face.

"Ashlyn, I deserve whatever it is that you want to do to me, however please hear me out before you do so. Please." She begged.

"You know what, you right we do need to talk! I need to know what the fuck is going on inside your twisted ass head!" Ashlyn mugged her.

"Its cold may I come in?" Regina wept.

Ashlyn stepped to the side to let her in. Regina froze once she laid eyes on B.J. She sat the bags down on the table then put her hands up to her face as she cried. A part of Ashlyn felt bad for her, another part of her wasn't buying her tears.

"Oh god! I just feel so bad for the way I've treated y'all. He has my eyes, he looks like.....me. That's my baby boy" Regina sat at the table to keep from falling.

"Before we even go further, if you ever in your racist ass life call my son a bastard again I will fuck you the fuck up!" Ashlyn pointed her hand in Regina face.

"I was wrong and I'll never forgive myself Ashlyn. I'll never forgive myself." Regina cried.

"Like, I don't get it, I have never done anything to you neither has my child for you to have such ill thoughts towards us. He is your grandson Regina!! You can leave out this door today still feeling how you feeling, the fact remains that he is apart of you!" Ashlyn sat across from Regina and just looked at her.

Regina cried so hard snot began coming out her nose. Ashlyn went to grab tissue from the bathroom. When she returned Regina had B.J. sitting in her lap weeping as she talked to him. He was smiling and pulling things she bought him out the bags. Ashlyn didn't even go crazy she just watched them until Regina looked up. Regina took the tissue from her.

"Blake would give anything to see this right now. He fought four long years trying to get you to accept B.J. and accept the fact that he loves a black woman. I hate it took so long Regina."

"You being Black is not the issue. I'm not racist. Ashlyn, Blake got a girl pregnant when he was sixteen. That girl was so mean to him and only used him because we had money. I saved my son heartache by paying for her abortion. He didn't even know if he was the father, she didn't either. I thought you was taking him through the same thing." She dabbed at her eyes.

"You judged me before getting to know me. You came to my job starting shit, you started with me at Rachel's wedding, I didn't fuck you up because of Blake. I don't care if you never like me or my son, if you owe anybody an apology its your son. Regina you hurt him." Ashlyn shook her head.

"I've hurt him his whole life. I didn't raise him, I neglected him. Ashlyn our feud didn't start because you came in the picture, you was just an excuse for me to be an even more asshole. This is not me! I don't want to hurt you or him." Regina sobbed.

Ashlyn sat in complete silence as she listened to Regina tell her her whole life story. She Even admitted to trying to get rid of Blake. She never had a say so in his upbringing which is why she interfered in his adult life so much. She wanted to mend their broken relationship, bond with B.J. and become a better person. She promised to help in any way she could, she longed for Blake's forgiveness.

"I know no outfits and toys can make up for the time ive missed out with B.J. but Ashlyn please allow me to be a grandmother to him, to both of my grand babies." Regina smiled as B.J. played with his new train set.

" I listened to you, I listened to your back story. Regina you want to be a mother and a grandmother but your spirit is ugly. Fix it. You have came and apologized and I respect that. Blake is the one you need to apologize to however. You don't know how much he loves you and tried so hard to hold it all together in the mist of you disowning him." Ashlyn grabbed her phone.

"Oh shit! I was supposed to grab Blake from the airport. He's gonna kill me!" She jumped up.

"Its cold outside B.J. don't need to be out in that weather, I'll go get blake." Regina offered.

Blake had called Ashlyn.

"Baby I'm so sorry, I lost track of time. I'm on my way OK." Ashlyn promised.

Blake told her she didn't have to move her was outside. He rung the doorbell. Ashlyn answered the door quickly. Blake eyes darted from Regina playing with B.J. to Ashlyn.  Ashlyn looked at the floor then up at Blake.

"Mama, what are you doing here?" He shut and locked the door.

Regina slowly got up off the couch and ran into Blake's arms. She cried softly as he put his arms around her. She held him tight as she apologized over and over.

"Its OK mama." Blake said quietly.

"No! Its not OK. Blake I've been a complete bitch to you. Its never OK for someone to treat you like I did." She heaved.

Ashlyn fought back tears as she watched them embrace.