Chapter 55

Blake sat on his porch shirtless smoking a blunt. Ashlyn had been avoiding him alot lately and he wasn't feeling the energy. She had grown to be his bestfriend, his everything and not talking to her bothered him. It was definitely time to step up, but would she say no this time? Would he be wasting money? The first time he proposed wasn't anything in the box, it was a test to see where they stood.

As Blake stared into the morning sky he wondered if the shoe was on the other foot, would he have forgiven her so many times? Would she be allowed to put her hands on him and he still get up and cook and clean and watch after their son? Would she be able to in and out his life? Absolutely not. It was time to show her she meant more to him than he admitted. He stood to his feet, put his blunt out and walked back into the house.

Ashlyn sat at the table with a calculator and her glasses on.

"Good morning baby" Blake kissed her jaw.

"Goodmorning baby" she kissed him back.

"Hey, why don't you and Naomi go out and have breakfast on me? Don't worry about the bills, I'll pay em. We also getting low on breakfast food, stop and grab a few things before coming back home." He handed her his black card.

"Thannkkss. You sholl trying to get me away from the house." She looked him up and down.

"Girl go get some air. You been here all week or at the office working non stop. I'll see you later. Leave B.J. sleep, I got him." Blake kissed her again.

For the first time in two weeks he saw her smile. All she needed was assurance. He studied her over the years and was learning her.

"Blake? Are you okay?" She stood up.

"To be honest, no. Ashlyn I don't like us not talking to each, sleeping with our backs turned to each other. I know I fucked up and I know no flowers and cars gone make it for that, but I'm here and I want you to know your feelings matter. Shit could've been handled better." He brought her hand up to his lips.

"Its fine Blake. You have anger issues, so do I. I would have reacted the same way, but I can promise you I don't want no other man on the face of this earth If it ain't Blake Carmichael Myers." She smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Blake watched her all the way until she was backing out of their driveway. He ran into his son room and smiled once he saw B.J. attempting to make his bed. Ashlyn was teaching him to be self sufficient early. B.J. dropped the Comforter and ran up to Blake.

"Good morning big head, lets go grab pancakes!" Blake pointed  to the bed.

"Yayyy!!",B.J. squealed.

"First we gotta tidy up your room." Blake began making the bed.

"Okay." B.j. agreed.

Blake dressed B.J. identical to him. B.J. wanted to dress exactly like Blake. Blake looked at his watch and then shrugged. He wanted to decorate the stairway with flowers and candles but didn't know when Ashlyn would be home. After contemplating, he decided to get Vanessa and Rachel to go decorate for him, he instructed them not to light the candles yet. He even made them go shop at Prada, Neiman Marcus, and Gucci for her. Of course he pitched in something for them too.

"B.J.?" Blake turned the music down once they were in the car.

"Wassup pops?" B.J. looked at Blake with his piercing green eyes.

"I need you to help me pick out a special gift for mommy. I really need your help man. You can't tell her about it either okay?" Blake held his pinky out.