Chapter 14

If Regina was anyone else, Blake would've sent a bullet right between her eyes. Ashlyn walked to the other side of the limousine to keep from interfering in their conflict. She was visibly heated. Regina began hollering trying to turn the heat off her. Almost everyone was outside now. Eric, Blake's father came rushing up to step in between Blake and Regina.

"You need to go home!! You are the most inconsiderate, deceitful person known to mankind! Its our daughter, no excuse me, its my daughter's wedding day and you smoking good crack cocaine if you think you're going to embarrass her on her day!" Eric pointed his hand in Regina face.

"Your daughter that you abandoned? Ha! Eric you're a joke. This is between me and Blake!" Regina pushed him.

"Blake what's going on. Girl you lucky we're on this church ground I can't say exactly what I want to say. I didn't leave my children I left you. Now everyone see why you are lonely. Loneliness tends to lead to misery. We're happy over here, you're the only demonic spirit that's present Regina. Get a man, go get laid, go get help, get something." Eric shook his head.

"Dad I'll talk to you later. Imma just l-" Blake intended to say.

"No! You stay right here! Are you really my son Blake? You look like me but you don't fight like me. You got to stop turning the other cheek son. Whatever is going on I'm sure she started it. You don't let nobody walk over you, I don't give a darn who it is. My God I wanna curse but we're still on church grounds!" Eric walked in circles.

"Go to hell!" Regina spat.

"This is absurd. No one has to go anywhere that's genuinely happy for me!" Rachel shouted.

Tears began to roll down Rachel's face.
Eric pulled her into his arms.

"Mama, you've been giving off bad energy towards Blake ever since.....look if you're going to spend the rest of the evening picking at Blake you need to leave. We will get with one another sometime later but right now you've gotta go mama!" Rachel sobbed.

Adrian shook his head. Regina began laughing.

"Its gang up on Regina day right. Where was this energy when I slapped you down Rachel? I guess you feel secured in the arms of your daddy huh?" Regina folded her arms across her chest.

"You hit her? If you ever put your hands on her or anyone of my children I will have you arrested you drunk poor excuse of a mother. Now as I've said we're all here for a good time for a beautiful person. Congratulations beautiful. I wish you nothing but blessings in your marriage. Daddy's going to always be here for you!" Eric kissed Rachel on her forehead.

Eric was always the peacemaker of the two of Blake's parents. Regina got escorted off the church by security. Eric called an uber to come carry her away. Rachel began apologizing to Ashlyn and Blake.

"Daddy's right Blake. You have to stand up to her. You can't keep letting her interfere and make decisions about your personal life!" Rachel dabbed at her eyes.

Eric frowned. He had suddenly caught on to what the ongoing feud was about.

"She's mad at you for dating outside your race? She blaming you for what I did? Wow. How long has this been going on?" Eric looked into Blake's face.

Blake was glad that Ashlyn was sitting in the limousine out of earshot.

"Its been going on since she found out about Ash. She would not have acted a fool if I hadn't brought Ashlyn to the wedding. I'm getting tired of it." Blake dropped his head.

"You tired? Then do something about it. Put her in her place. And it starts today!" Eric slightly pushed Blake in his chest.

He was right. It was time to have a sit down with his mother. Blake walked to Ashlyn's side of the limousine. He noticed she had tooken her shoes off. Blake picked one of them up. They were indeed nice.

"Your feet hurt?" Blake kissed her on her lips.

"Yes. I also took them off incase I had to beat some tail. I can't say what I wanna say. Blake is your mom racist?" Ashlyn searched his face for an answer.

"Nah. She just... Look let's go get you a comfortable outfit and some slides okay. Rachel wants us to come back to the reception." Blake walked to the other side of the limousine.

"How long before they fix these flats?" He asked his driver.

"They should be coming with new tires son bruh. We would've been able to make it to the reception by putting that spare on that one tire but your mom came and cut the other time. Man what she on?" The driver tapped the tire.

"I don't even wanna talk about it. You gone be alright? Imma take my girl to get her some more clothes then I'm coming back. Here take this just in case." Blake offered.

"Aww thanks man. 'Preciate it!"

Blake wanted to tell Ashlyn about everything that's going on but he decided against it. Maybe she had already heard everything? He caressed her feet as they waited for an uber.

"You have a beautiful family. Even your mom is pretty she's just crazy. What did you do to her? She got it out for you bad." Ashlyn yawned.

"I ain't did nothing. Don't go to sleep on me!" Blake squeezed her foot lightly.

He was grateful Ashlyn was chilled, understanding, and unproblematic. There was no way he would've got thru the day if she would've stooped to Regina level. Brandon, Rachel's husband had tapped on the window. Blake let the window down.

"Aye man yall coming to the hall? Y'all Good?" Brandon asked.

"Yea we good B. We will be coming shortly just gotta take care of this tire." Blake pointed out.

"Aight let me know if I can help." Brandon slowly began walking off.

The uber had finally came. Blake opened Ashlyn's door for her then he opened the door of the uber and let her climb in the backseat. She looked so good. As they rode in complete silence, Blake watched as Ashlyn slowly fell asleep.