Chapter 20

Turning over in bed and looking at the TV instead of into Ashlyn's face, made Blake miss her even more. It had been 3 months since he saw her last. With the feds damn near declaring war on him and his team, Blake felt it was best to move to Hawaii until things blew over.   He had sent her 15,000 to her account before going to sleep the previous night. She still hadn't reached out to him to say thank you or anything. Blake stared up at the ceiling as he thought of his unborn child. Rena Still hadn't come forth with proof that she was pregnant so he no longer worried about her well being.

The feds had called him to come in for questioning but Blake knew better than to give in. He wasn't taking the blame for another man's fuck up. If Scooter made it to that stand then he was going to talk and run them everything he knew, so Blake made sure that he didn't talk at all. He killed Scooter, leaving the feds confused. Blake decided to slip into town and camp out at his Father's house.

"Blaakkkkkee!" A female voice sang.

"I don't have on any clothes. Don't come in here Nessa!" Blake looked over at his old room door to be sure that the door was locked.

Blake was camping out at his Father's house. He needed to see Ashlyn in person to tell her he's sorry. He was certain she knew the sex of the baby now and he wanted to be in his child's life. Rachel, his older sister, was out shopping for the secret baby shower he was having for her. She had no idea that he was back in town. After slipping in some basketball shorts and a wife beater Blake finally unlocked the door. Vanessa walked right in after he turned the door knob.

"About time you get up Baby daddy!" Vanessa smiled.

"Wassup?" Blake walked into the bathroom.

"I still can't believe you're having a baby. Blake that baby is going to be everything. You've been over here by daddy quite often are you sure you're okay?" Vanessa stood outside the bathroom.

"I'm just going thru a lot right now."

"You should stop being hard on yourself, she's going to forgive you". 

" Nessa I fucked up. I hurt that girl and she ain't been nothing but good to me. I want her and my child in my life. Have you been seeing her around?" Blake began brushing his teeth.

"Yes. Blake she's freaking gorgeous and her baby bump is sooo cute. I cannot wait until y'all baby get here." Vanessa smiled.

"I bet she is a sight to see". Blake smirked then spat in the toilet.

" Does mom know you got a baby on the way? " Vanessa asked.

"No she do not know and its going to stay that way. She doesn't like Ashlyn and I'm sure she wouldn't accept a child from Ashlyn even if my sperm is the reason for the baby being here. So no, she don't and won't know about my baby. You better not had said anything either. Do you know that crazy woman tried to get Ashlyn thrown in prison? She lied and said Ash had attacked nana." Blake took the top off the mouthwash.

"Are you serious? What is her issue with Ashlyn?  Ashlyn seem like a nice woman Blake what the hell?"

" Come on stop acting like you don't know what's going on. Ever since dad left her and married Mrs. Evelyn whom is black, mama been with the shits. She despise the black woman but she likes the black man. I see how her eyes light up and how she smile as if somebody just placed a million dollar check in her hand when Brandon, Quadrey, Tramel or any black man is in her sight. She's fucked up for real." Blake shook his head.

"You are so right. I've noticed that too. Well I like Ashlyn. She's more than welcomed in the family. Blake I got your back. I wish she would leave you alone. " Vanessa took her phone out.

Blake gave her a few more ideas for Ashlyn's surprise baby shower before sending her on her way. As he showered he pictured Ashlyn naked with her protruding belly standing before him. She was carrying his first child. He was certain she was depressed some days and needed support. He had abandoned her because he had his own demons to deal with. Who's features would the baby have? Is the baby a boy or girl? Was it too late to try to mend things between them? Did she still love him? Blake shut his eyes for a brief moment and silently prayed that she still wanted him, she still yearned him, she would let him back into her life.

Eric, Blake's father had texted him and told him to come down for breakfast. No matter how old any of Eric's children were he still cooked for them and made sure they all ate. Blake stared ahead as he struggled to remembers Ashlyn's number. While on the run, he had gotten a new phone and did away with his old one so he no longer had her number. He dialed the first number that came to mind.

"Hello?" A female voice answered.

It was definitely her.

"Baby listen....don't hang up!" Blake begged.

"Who is this?" She asked.

"Ashlyn look, we need to talk face to face. I'm coming over!" Blake shut his eyes.

"Blake? Boy fuck you, don't you ever in your life call me again. You're dead to me bastard!" She hung up.

Blake threw his phone across the room. He ran his hands thru his freshly cut hair then jumped out of bed. She hated him now. He hated himself for leaving her at a time she needed him most. Pregnant women were some of the most emotional beings ever. Blake walked over to his phone after hearing his text alert go off. Ashlyn had texted him telling him not to come nowhere near her. Blake smiled after reading the text. In so many ways he knew she was only talking shit out of anger.