Chapter 49

The smell of food cooking and H.E.R.'s soft voice awakened Blake. He quickly ran to the bathroom to urinate and wash his face and brush his teeth. He smiled as he washed his hands as he listened to Ashlyn hum along with H.E.R.. She was definitely in a good mood.

"But if I had to choose my heart or you, then I would lose" Ashlyn's voice trailed off.

They were back settled into their home as a family. Ashlyn had went beyond desperate measures to assure Blake she was here to stay for good. He watched as she ran from the stove to B.J. small eating table feeding him and warming up the food. She began making a plate that Blake assumed was for him. Judging by the amount of food she put on the plate, the plate was indeed for him.

"Is he finished eating? I'll feed him Ashlyn." Blake sat down in a chair.

"No! Here's your plate baby. Eat. I'll feed him. I want him to get familiar with me again." Ashlyn kissed Blake.

Blake saw the sad look on Ashlyn's face once she tried feeding B.J. and he refused to let her. She looked at Blake.

"Before you came in here everything was OK. He was letting me feed him. He don't know me Blake." Ashlyn wined.

Blake took two more bites of his food then gulped down half his Orange juice. He put his hand over Ashlyn's hand and caressed it. She looked down then up at him. He knew she was hurt. B.j. reached for Blake Blake shook his head.

"Baby its OK. Feed him. You have to build a relationship with him like I did when I first came home from prison. He knows who you are Ash."

"I owe you and him the best version of me." She smiled.

"I definitely owe you all of me." Blake kissed her hand.

"I quit the club and I quit waiting tables. Blake you were right. There is so much more money out here. I don't want to dance for no strangers no more and get called nasty names and preyed on." Ashlyn wiped B.J. mouth

"Ashlyn if you want to go to school baby I'll hold all this shit down until you finish. I want to help you grow as a woman. Yes in due time you will be my wife, but you won't be a housewife, you will be my wife and business partner. Any ideas on what can bring another dollar in here?" Blake watched her with B.J.

"Definitely skin care and waxing. I love making people feel good. Shit I do nails good too. Its just its so Many stylists and esthetiticians here in Atlanta already." She took a sip of her orange juice.

"So? Ashlyn when you walk in Walmart there's like 15 different types of breads and cereals right? Nobody is walking in there worried about which bread company is getting the most business or which cereal company is getting the most business, so fuck that. I can get you best clientelle if you forreal." Blake finished off his food.

"Th-" Ashlyn held her hand over her mouth and rushed over to the sink where she threw up everywhere.

Blake walked over to her and held her hair out her face as she continued puking her guts out. She tried talking to him and threw up again.

"Ash the last time you threw up like this, you was pregnant." Blake held her.

"Blake please!!! I'm not pregnant. I think I over ate." She said defensively.

Ashlyn walked to the bathroom to wash up. Blake ran her bath water and sat out a robe for her. He wanted to take her And B.J. out for a nice outing but she wasn't feeling well and her health came first. Blake sat on the ledge of the jacuzzi watching her. She pointed at the toilet seat holding her Mouth. Blake moved out the way just in time, before she vomited in the toilet.

"I'm going to go get you a test. Ash you might be pregnant again." Blake rubbed her back.

"I drank too much orange juice. Blake I'm okay I'm not pregnant. Where is B.J. go check on him I'm fine." Ashlyn heaved over the toilet.

"I got to go make a run okay. Do you need anything while I'm out? I'll get the dishes and clean the bathroom once I'm back.  We can stay in and watch movies all day once I'm back, I'm clearing my schedule for you the rest of the day baby." Blake promised.

Ashlyn waved him off as she smiled weakly before leaning back in the jacuzzi. His phone began ringing as he walked out the bathroom. Ashlyn yelled after him.

"Tell them hoes it's over with. Wifey is back home. You better let them know or I will " she hollered.

"Man chill! This is my brother this ain't no female."

Blake walked to the back of the house out into the backyard to answer Rico's call. Quiet as kept Blake still dealt drugs. He had an exit plan and a blue print but Rico was very dependent of him And paid good. Blake thought of the life he had ahead of him and knew that he would soon have to give up the street life to keep himself and his small family safe and away from the police. He didn't want to be away from Ashlyn again.

"Tomorrow." Blake wasted no time declining Rico's offer.

"Eh? I cant wait til tomorrow Blake. I need you here now at the warehouse." Rico begged.

"Look my fiance is sick. My son gone be driving her crazy while I'm gone. This can wait. I'm with my family Right now aight." Blake was becoming irritated.

"Do I need to send Juan to come get you. You know it will not turn out nice for you if I have to awake the beast." Rico chuckled.

"Do what you gotta do. I'll see you tomorrow Rico. You get Juan involved, I'm going to the big dawgs on you. Do Pablo and Chico know what I know about you.......nah so tread fucking light. Maria comes before me and my fiance and son comes before you!" Blake half shouted.

He hung up the phone. When he turned around Ashlyn was standing in the doorway with her arms folded. She shook her head as Blake approached her.

"Ash."

"No! You just not going to stop until they kill you, until they kill us huh?! You still in the streets after dodging a 20 year bid. I guess you should've did 10 of those years for you to realize that it's time to let the fucking streets go Blake!" She punched him in his chest.

"You need to go lay down and not worry about me. I'm good. I ain't new to this shit. How do you think I'm maintaining Ashlyn. The streets paying good. I'm not doing this shit forever bae." He dodged one of her punches.

"You gave me an ultimatum so I'm giving you one. It's me and B.J. or the streets. Your father has money! Why are you out here like this? I worry about you. The streets paying good they also paying in jail cells and caskets! You lied to me! You said you was done with them! " she choked back on tears.

"I'm grown! The fuck I look like living off my daddy expenses. I got this. This shit finna be over Ash. This shit was worth it baby I'm almost a millionaire. Fumble me if you want to you'll regret it later!" Blake embraced her.

"I'm leaving. My son will not be tied up in your bullshit. I heard every word and it don't sound like everything is all good. Come back and get us once you are completely done with the drug dealer life!". She wiped a tear from her eye as she walked around him.

Blake watched her walk thru the house snatching her belongings. He had to stop her. They fought so hard to get back on track and he didn't want to go down that road again with her. He ran behind her and held her from behind. He rubbed her belly as he rocked with her.

"Something tells me you pregnant again. I cant afford another fuck up with you so I'm exiting the game. You right Ash. Im out the game."