Chapter 57

Struggling to go back to sleep, Blake threw the covers back and just stared up at the ceiling. He was in London on a business trip. There was money to be made. After sitting up in bed he reached for his phone and checked his call log. Seeing Ashlyn call him and send him so many pics of her and B.J. made him miss home. Overtime she had grew to become understanding of his hustle and lifestyle so it was no surprise to him that she wasn't fussing.

"Two more weeks and I'll be back home baby, just two more weeks.", he said as he kissed his phone screen.

Blake got out of the bed and went to the window. Staring at nothing in particular, he took a picture of the beautiful London night life and sent Ashlyn the picture. He was put up in one of the most expensive hotels London had to offer. He made a mental note to bring Ashlyn back here. The vibrating of his phone broke him out his trance. It was his father.

"Wassup old man." Blake stared out the window.

"Just making sure you still alive. You leave and don't know how to call nobody." Eric cleared his throat.

"I was going to get around to it, I'm sorry. Why are you up so early?" Blake asked.

"Gotta go to the law firm. Have you talked to your mama?"

"Nah and don't want to." Blake rolled his eyes.

"I take it that the meet and greet with her and B.J. didn't go well. She's still on her bullshit. I pray for that lady everyday." Eric sighed.

"She spit on me and she called my son a bastard. It took everything in me and every prayer not to knock her on her ass. I knew it wasn't a good idea to even bring my child around her." Blake turned the night lamp on.

"Well you know she didn't raise you and couldnt control you when you was younger. She feels you're more vulnerable as an adult and you care more about your actions towards her now than you did when you were younger. She's jealous that she never had a say so in your upbringing so she wants to start her shit now." Eric was requesting to Face time Blake.

Blake accepted his call.

"Every time I tell her grandma raised me she gets mad. Hell she   made the girl I got pregnant at sixteen get an abortion without even talking to us about it. We could have given that child to a family that would've taken care of him or her. She hates me." Blake sat on his bed watching his father's back ground.

"Nah she hates me. See, imma gone be honest about everything. Blake I told your mom that after Vanessa that's it, I didn't want anymore children because I saw how our relationship was going down hill. She lied to me like she was on birth control, when she found out she was pregnant she used it to her advantage to make my life a living hell." Eric confessed.

"Damn I learn something new everyday. What do y'all problems have to do with me?" Blake became angry inside.

"Your mom threatened to put you up for adoption once she learned I wasn't paying for an abortion. No matter how fucked up things were between us, I wasn't giving you up. I went to jail for maybe a year, she gave birth to you and wrote me letters every week threatening to send you off. Finally, Mrs. Lauren volunteered to raise you. She had become so attached to you that she didn't want to give you back. You didn't want to live with no one but your grandmother. Regina became envious of y'all relationship. It got so bad she swore me and your grandma was having an affair. What the fuck?! Eric laughed.

Blake laughed but quickly stopped as he thought of his relationship with his mother. Yea he wasn't just in her care like that but he didn't know that she was trying to get rid of him. That put a hole in his heart that noone could fill up.

"Ashlyn don't even know who she's about to marry because, I barely know who the hell I am sometimes. That's why she treats me so different than Chad and Adrian. She hates the sight of me. I was supposed to be her revenge baby and it still didnt work in her favor." Blake shut his eyes.

" I take full blame for the way she treats you. This is more than just you dating Ashlyn. She knows she can't touch or fuck with me so she takes it all out on you. I told her I didnt want her no more nor more kids with her and she still got pregnant. I think you should have a sit down with Ashlyn. You guys should talk about your childhood traumas and everything so there would be no secrets. She will understand you better." Eric urged.

"I don't know. But I'm glad you told me all of this. Imma try to roll back over and catch some more zzs..ill be joining the zoom call with you so we can discuss this new business proposal okay dad?" Blake dived back under the covers after cutting the lamp off.

"Alright son. Hey Blake?" Eric hesitantly called his name.

"Wassup?" Blake adjusted his pillows.

"Forgive your mother. Its not all her fault. I play a big part in it too. She loves you she's just having a hard time coming around."

"She spit on me and called my son a name, I can't forgive that. I'll see you in a few hours dad." Blake ended the call.

He stared up at the ceiling and just thought of all the arguments he and his mom had when he was younger, how she showed favoritism. Blake had Eric's love, but he longed for his mother to accept and love him. Thank god his grandmother stepped up or he would've been an orphan. After thinking about the phone call he just had with his father, Blake decided to let by gones be by gone. No one could change Regina.