Chapter 13

Blake and Ashlyn became inseperable. He balanced his time, and slowly began to let her in his world. Rena was still his go to when he needed work transported and street business handled. Blake didn't feel that he should have Ashlyn in that kind of spotlight right now, he wanted her as far away from the street life as possible. Ashlyn was willing to let him lead. Every blue print he laid out in front of her, she aided and assisted him in it. Blake knew that Ashlyn wasn't leaving Naomi behind. As long as she didn't run his business to her or brought her around his house he didn't interfere with their relationship. Blake didn't trust Naomi. Something wasn't right about her.  She finally quit the club and only began to work at Ruth Chris's three days a week.

Today was the day that his big sister Rachel would be a Myers by blood but a Carter by marriage. Rachel was marrying her boyfriend Brandon. Blake had wished things had worked out between Rachel and Quadrey but he was also happy for her at the same time. Blake called Ashlyn to be sure she was getting dolled up to join him at the wedding. He knew Regina was going to go ballistic once she saw Ashlyn but he didn't care. He was tired of living in her shadows.

"Hello?" Ashlyn's shy like voice boomed through his speaker.

"Are you almost ready? And did the dress fit?" Blake inquired.

"I'm getting my make up done now. The dress fits perfect, wait until you see me. I'm really going to be around your family today. I guess we're official huh?" Ashlyn said excitedly.

Blake paused for a brief moment. If only she knew how things really were. He was showing up for Rachel but there was no way he was introducing her to Regina.

"See you soon beautiful."

Blake hung up the call. He stretched his arms out so his stylist could measure the custom made tailored blazer he was going to accompany with the matching slack pants. He knew he was going to a church house and needed to be well groomed yet he decided to remain shirtless under his suit. Carla held up two ties for him to choose from.

"Hmmmm my suit is Royal blue so give me the gold one, it matches the gold lining of my suit and the rolex. Two hours will pass by quick so we gotta hurry. I'm giving you an additional 600 dollars for coming to the rescue at the last minute." Blake watched in the mirror as Carla adjusted the tie.

"Thank you so much Blake. Don't ever give my position away. You're too good to me. I haven't worked a job in years since we've crossed paths!" Carla revealed.

"Mrs. Carla you're forever secured. Thank you so much for all you do. Hey is that Blue dress for sell?" Blake pointed at the royal blue dress with the train.

"You need it for your date? You can have it!" Carla rushed towards the dress.

"Yea let me call her. Its beautiful." Blake pulled his phone out.

Ashlyn answered on the second ring.

"Do you mind swapping dresses baby? I found the perfect dress for you."

"Blake I'm practically done. I'm getting my hair installed now. Why didn't you say something earlier? Ashlyn whined.

"Its fine bae. See you in 2." Blake hung up.

He apologized to Mrs. Carla for the inconvenience, then paid her before parting ways. Blake was anxious to know what Ashlyn was looking like. He prayed her dress wasn't too short or revealing. Ashlyn had drip and swag so he was sure she wasn't going to disappoint him. Blake took an hour nap in the back of the limousine before heading to get Ashlyn. Even his driver complimented Ashlyn when she stepped outside.

"Boy you got you a baddie." The driver nodded.

Blake got out the limousine slowly. Ashlyn was dressed in a sequin dress that had a train flowing in the back. She complimented the dress with a sequin choker. She had on some sexy heels with the rhinestones on the back of the heels. Ashlyn's nails were designed to match her shoes. She had body wave in her hair with the side part. He thanked God her make up was soft and close to natural.