Chapter 50

"I knew all that shit you was saying was too good to be true. Here I am being your fucking fool again!! Fuck you Blake!" Ashlyn hollered into the phone.

Blake had been gone all day and was sending her straight to voicemail. She paced the floor hollering at his voicemail. It was now 2 o clock in the morning and she fought her sleep trying to stay awake for him.

"You know what.......maybe them mafia motherfuckers do need to off your lying no good fake ass." she ended the call.

Ashlyn lay in bed holding Baby Blake in her arms staring into complete darkness. She grabbed her phone again and sent Blake a long text. Watching Baby Blake had made her sleepy all over again. Shortly after her phone began going off. It was Blake's father.

"Hello?" Ashlyn asked.

"Ashlyn, Blake's in the hospital. He was shot. I sent Rachel to the store to get a charger for his phone. W-"

"What?? What happened to him? Which hospital is he in? I'm on my way now.......I'm on my way!" Ashlyn freaked out.

Eric tried to calm her down but there was nothing any one could say. She felt so bad as she hurriedly dressed her and Baby Blake. Here she was thinking Blake was possibly out cheating on her and he was actually in the hospital fighting for his life probably. She had texted and said some mean things to him that she couldn't take back.

The ride to the hospital seemed like forever. She wanted to get to Blake fast. The thought of losing him caused her to cry out in anger and guilt. Eric greeted her at the entrance and took B.J. out of her hands. She began walking behind him then stood once he raised his free hand up to stop her.

"Blake is still in pain and will be undergoing surgery tomorrow morning. He asked that you not come to his room , he doesn't want to see you." Eric looked off in the opposite direction.

"Excuse me?! Well give my back my damn son!! What the fuck you mean he doesn't want me to see him?! She was confused.

"Look, that's between you two! He wants to see his son. I will try my best to change his mind about you seeing him. I'm sorry Ashlyn. " Eric began walking off.

Ashlyn followed Eric no matter what he said. After awhile Eric realized she wasn't taking no for an answer and stopped trying to fight with her. She walked by Blake room and froze once she saw him all bruised up and on so many IVs. She put her hand up to her mouth as she eyed Blake and instantly started crying. She felt beyond bad for being so cruel to him over the phone.

"Baby!! Oh Blake I am sooooooo sorry! Who did this to you?!" She rushed to his side.

"Why are you here? You got what you wanted!" Blake half whispered.

" What do you mean?" Ashlyn looked down at him.

" You said you hope they kill me. Well Ashlyn they almost did! I thought I was doing the right thing by getting out of the game for you and B.J., but my girl is acting like an opp, ready to see me in a casket. You got what you wanted!" Blake groaned in pain.

" I did not mean it like that Blake. Baby I was angry and hurt at the moment. I thought you was o-"

"Out with another bitch huh? Yea I know! Its always another bitch. Its never a midlife crisis, a traffic stop, a car jam, a flat tire, a kill or be killed situation, the first thing you think of is another bitch as soon as I don't fucking answer. Get the fuck out......now!" Blake growled.

Feeling ashamed and singled out, Ashlyn began walking out the room with her head down. Hearing Blake's machines go off and his sisterd panicking, made Ashlyn want to run back in his room but she respected his wishes. Ashlyn sat in the chair outside his room fighting her sleep until she saw black.

"Wake up girl!" She heard a male voice say.

When she opened her eyes she was looking at Tramel.

"Is he okay? Is Blake okay Tramel?!" She panicked.

"He sleep right now. You should be going home. Go get you some rest." He patted her shoulder.

"Where's Quadrey?" Ashlyn looked around.

"Quadrey cope different. He on some get back type shit. You ain't gone catch him in no hospital, he gone to go do them niggas something. Blake my brother, I got to ride too." Tramel lowered his voice.

Blake's father walked up to Ashlyn and Tramel.

"Ashlyn I'm taking B.J. with me for the rest of the week. Get you plenty of rest. Go home Ashlyn." Eric walked away.

Everyone was telling her to go home but she couldn't just leave Blake side. He was her everything. Despite all the ups and downs they definitely had good days too. He had basically taken her out the hood and introduced her to a lifestyle of luxury. Blake was a provider and a great father. They were bonded for life. She went back into his room.

Ashlyn watched as everyone cleared the room. She asked for two blankets then sat in the chair watching Blake sleep. Blake made a grunting noise like 45 minutes later causing her to rush to his side.

"Baby?" Ashlyn touched his arm.

"Asssshhhhh, what are you doing here? Go home!" Blake whispered

"No! I'm not leaving you. Blake I'm sorry for everything I've said on that voicemail. I'll never be the same if something happens to you!" She wiped at her eyes.

"You love me?" Blake asked.

"Ofcourse baby!" Ashlyn kissed his forehead.

"Marry me then. I don't have much time. I go into surgery in just a few hours and I might not wake up Ash. This shit is bad." Blake shut his eyes.

"I'll do whatever you want! Blake who did this to you? What happened?"

"You was right Ash. The streets dont love nobody. I thought getting out the game would be peaceful and less of a hassle, they shot me. I'll take another bullet just to be home safe with my wife and son. I.......love.......you!" Blake eyes closed and his machine started going off.

"Bbbbbllllaaakkkkeeee!!!" Ashlyn went to grab her phone before hitting Blake's call light for a nurse.

She was in such distraught that she didn't know who to call first. She ran back to Blake's bed.

"Yes I'll marry you Blake CarMichael Myers. Yes I'll marry you!!!" She held on to him until nurses and doctors entered the room.

She refused to let him go but knew she had to. She called his father and just held the phone crying. Eric understood exactly what she meant and promised to come back to the hospital. Blake's brother Chad was sitting outside his room once Ashlyn walked outside.

"How is he? What's wrong?!" Chad asked.

"He's not doing okay!" Ashlyn ran to the nearest bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror and then ran into a stall. Ashlyn pulled out a pregnancy test and a cup. She peed in the cup then stuck the  stick part into the urine. To get results immediately she unraveled some tissue and placed it on the tissue holder then she sat the test on the tissue and waited. The test came back positive.

"Fuuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!" Ashlyn screamed.

What was she going to do with two kids if Blake didn't make it out of surgery? What was she going to do without Blake. Ashlyn cried harder as she thought of Blake and their babies.