Chapter 21

"Blake you can't just come back into my life throwing money at me and thinking  that's it. Money cannot fix what you did to me." Ashlyn spoke into the phone.

Blake had learned that the streets of Atlanta was still hot and risky. Rachel, Blake's sister had suggested that the baby shower be held out of town somewhere. He made Rachel promise not to tell their mother. Lauren, Blake's grandmother had missed Ashlyn. Blake couldn't wait to see the smile on Ashlyn face once she saw Mrs. Lauren. They had slowly began to build an unbreakable bond until Regina got in between them. Blake listened to the dial tone. Ashlyn had hung up. She left him no choice but to come face to face.

Ashlyn was getting groceries out of her car when Blake pulled up. She was now visibly showing that she was pregnant. Blake jumped out of the rented Tahoe he was in and approached her.

"Ashlyn?" He gently took the bag from her.

She ignored him as she slammed the door of her car and marched towards her door of her house. Blake peeked inside her car to see if there were more bags. Thankfully there wasn't.  Seeing her wobbling now because she was carrying his child made him regret leaving her side. Ashlyn unlocked the door and walked towards the kitchen.

"Can we talk now?" Blake asked as he locked the door.

"About what?" Ashlyn opened the refrigerator.

"Ashlyn look stop with the fucking attitude alright. You grown I'm grown. I'm sorry." Blake watched her.

"Okay you apologized can you leave now?" Ashlyn opened up a bottle of water.

"I'm running from the fuckin feds Ashlyn. I snook into town just to see you and check on my child. If I'm caught and indicted I could be facing life in prison. Yes I have money but they don't want that they want me. Money can't buy you out of trouble all the time Ash, and you taught me that when you sent that fifteen thousand back!"

"All you do is throw expensive gifts at me to shut me up. Blake you don't fucking love me. You don't know how to love! You cannot buy me! I will not let your money and gifts make me forget how you abandoned and disrespected me." Ashlyn was now shaking.

"That's why I came here with just my heart. No money, no flowers, no expensive gifts...just me. Ashlyn I didn't want you caught up in my lifestyle okay. We moved too fast, but it's too late now. We have a baby on the way." Blake bit his bottom lip.

"I hear you. This ain't the only baby you got either. Blake fuck you. You dogged me and deserted me so you can be with your lil bitch. Yea nigga the streets talk! Get out my fuckin house!"

"That girl is lying. I dont have no baby on the way with her. She's not even pregnant Ashlyn. She's jealous that you are having my child so she went around lyin. Goddamn!"

"Bye!" Ashlyn began walking towards the direction of her room. Blake followed her.

Ashlyn locked her room door leaving Blake out in the hallway alone. Blake became angry and began kicking on the door while yanking on the doorknob at the same time. Maybe she intended to do it to see how he would react maybe she was really over him.

"OPEN THIS FUCKIN DOOR BEFORE I SPLIT THIS MOTHERFUCKA IN HALF!" Blake threatened.

Ashlyn had shouted something but he couldn't quite make out her words. After realizing Ashlyn just wasn't going to open the door at all, Blake sent his foot into the door cracking it instantly. He then pushed the rest of the door with his body causing the door to fall apart. Ashlyn was holding a gun in her hand shaking uncontrollably.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN ASH!!" Blake demanded.

" fuck no! You a fool if you think I'm putting my gun down Imma bigger fool if I put it down knowing you gonna beat my ass!" Ashlyn hissed.

"I'm not trying to Ashlyn I'll never put my hands on you. I just need you to hear me out." Blake held his hands out.

"Look you won. I dont wanna fight you. Blake you kicked my door down and hemmed me up like......Why you won't just go? " she began sobbing.

"I'm sorry. Ashlyn I  had planned you a baby shower okay. It was suppose to be a surprise but you won't get on the plane, you won't take any money I give you, you won't let Me in so I had to come and talk to you face to face. Can we please start over? Blake knelt down and held Ashlyn around her waist.

" I dont know. " Ashlyn whispered.

"I know I love you though. I love you a little more than ever now because you are carrying my child. Baby I never wanted to just leave you. I began trying to push you away hoping you would just go and forget me but you didn't " Blake kissed her stomach.

" How are you planning me a baby shower when I haven't consulted my family? I don't want to be around your mom either. I don't want to be around her negative energy. Besides you dont even know the sex of your own child! "

"She don't know shit. She don't even know you're pregnant. I'm not letting her or anyone else stress you or bother you while you pregnant. I know you will never leave Naomi out of anything you do. You can invite whomever you want baby it's your baby shower." Blake kissed her stomach again.

"I'm entering my sixth month of pregnancy. I didn't want to bring a child into this world like this. " Ashlyn sniffled.

"What you mean?"

"He will be biracial, judged, he will be torn between two different ethnicities. My mom accepts him but your mom don't. I know if she dont accept me she won't accept him. I didn't even meet the rest of your family to know if th-"

"We're having a boy? And who cares what anybody else besides us think? You talking dumb as hell right now girl. All he need is us. Only my siblings my dad and maybe a few other family members that aren't assholes will be in attendance. No bullshit will be tolerated. That's covered now the question is....can we start over?" Blake slowly stood to his feet.

"Hmm we'll talk about it later." Ashlyn yawned as she sat the gun down on the dresser.

"Let's catch a quick nap before we head out. Be sure you hit your people up and let them know its a celebration for my baby boy. I don't give a damn if they bring gifts or not I just want both sides of his family there." Blake pulled the comforter back for Ashlyn.

"I need my nails done, my make up done, hair, maternity fit all that." Ashlyn sighed.

"That's been covered. All I need is you to come." Blake kissed her neck.

Just seeing her calm now and not so angry anymore warmed his heart. He Now had a family. Nothing else mattered right now. He almost forgot he was on the run. Blake missed her scent, her voice, her body, he missed her overall. He massaged her feet with coconut oil as he listened to her talk about a theme for their son baby shower. Little did she know she know her ideas were so basic and mediocre compared to what he had in store for her shower. He texted Rachel promising to pay her extra for changing the them to just a boy related theme.