Chapter 52

Blake was slowly progressing and coming back around. With the help of his friends, his parents, siblings, and Ashlyn his recovery wasn't so lonely. Quadrey had taken care of anyone involved that had caused harm to Blake as promised. Just thinking of the sweet revenge had Blake smiling inside.

Today was Blake's family reunion. Blake liked the after parties better so he stayed inside the garage most of the day working on his antique car. He was entering it into a car show. His phone began ringing. It was a private call. Blake answered the call.

"Blake!" A female voice called out to him.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Kara. Blake we need to talk."

He hung up on her immediately. He used to entertain females behind Ashlyn's back but with her being by his side after his incident, he realized she was all he needed. B.J. grabbed at his shorts reminding him that he was outside with him.

"Daddyyyy!" B.J. pointed to his car.

"Not today son. We will finish working on it tomorrow." He patted B.J. on his head.

"Okay. Football daddy!" B.j. ran out towards the grass.

Blake yelled for him to stop running. B.j. was already competitive and athletic. Blake ran behind him no matter how sore he was. A car came rolling up to the end of his driveway. Security altered Blake right away. Blake grabbed B.J. hand tight as he kept his eye on his camera. Kara slowly stepped out of the car with some roses in her hand. Ashlyn would be home at any moment now and he didn't need any drama.

"What the fuck are you doing here? You need to leave!" Blake spoke into his intercom.

"I just came to check on you Blake. I heard about what happened." She tried walking around security.

"Get that hoe off my property now!" Blake spoke thru clenched teeth.

"Say no more". Security grabbed Kara up for him.

She had alot of nerves to come to his place of residence. Blake carried B.J. inside and began getting him settled so that he could go with Ashlyn's mom tonight. Ashlyn was accompanying him to his family reunion after party and they both agreed to not bring B.J. around.

"Blakkeeeee!" Ashlyn sang after slamming the door behind her.

Blake walked out the bathroom towards her. She looked him up and down before shaking her head.

"What?" Blake tried reading her face.

"Your lil bitch was outside getting hemmed up by security when I got here. So you got a bitch coming here where our son lays his head too? You could've got a hotel!! You gone fuck that bitch in our house!" Ashlyn screamed.

"First of all lower your damn voice before you scare my baby. Second of all, I didn't fuck her. The bitch just showed up here. We got cameras Ash! You wanna watch em so you can see that I made security get that hoe off my property?" Blake scratched his head.

"Whatever!" She tried walking pass him.

"Chill the fuck out! Be dressed by 9 okay. I'm going to drop B.J. off and get a cut." He walked to B.J. room.

"I'll take him to my mom's." Ashlyn rolled her eyes.

"We'll take him! Go get in the car. I'm not doing this shit with you!"

The ride to Ashlyn's mom house was silent. Blake hated that she didn't trust him but he couldnt blame her. Despite their past her family finally accepted the fact that he was who she loved and welcomed him with open arms. B.j. instantly ran into his grandmother arms making it easier for Blake and Ashlyn to leave.

"Look do I gotta throw you on top of this car, pull your pants down and lick the attitude out ya?" Blake pulled her into his arms.

"Blake let's just go!" She tried to hide her smile.

"Gimme kiss!" Blake pecked her on her lips.

She kissed him back. Ashlyn drove them home doing 100 miles per hour. It was easier for them to dress for the occasion because Blake wasn't as needy as he was weeks ago. All eyes were on them as they walked into the building. Blake looked over at Ashlyn who was looking down at the floor. Regina gave Blake a look that could kill. Ashlyn walked into the opposite direction to avoid confrontation with her.

"What is she doing here? Blake this is a family reunion." Regina asked.

"She is family. Please don't start your shit tonight mama!" Blake sighed.

"You know better." Regina walked off.

Blake engaged into a conversation with his cousin Nate who was a federal agent. Nate was telling him about the word on the streets. Nate even informed him of the crooked cops who would be heading Blake's way trying to get on his payroll. It was a trap to build a case against him.

"Be careful out here Blake." Nate lit up a blunt.

"Fuck all them motherfuckers! Im not even in the game no more man. That's why I got shot. I told them I ain't want in no more." Blake took the blunt.

"You know once you're a dope boy that stigma will forever follow you. Just keep a low profile. And don't hire none of those cops. They want to turn you into the feds in hopes of getting back on the force." Nate Tapped him on the shoulders.

Blake thought deep and hard about what Nate said. Nate never lied to him and always put him up on game ahead of time. Blake maneuvered through the crowd. He noticed Ashlyn walking swiftly out the door. He followed her.

"Ashlyn wait." He sped walked as best as he could to her.

"I'll be sitting in the car Blake or better yet just call me and Uber home." She fought back her tears.

"What's wrong?" He grabbed her hand.

"Blake I don't belong here. Your mom and that fucking man in there with that orange shirt on reminds me every five minutes. I'm sick of it!!" She continued walking.

"Fuck that. You ain't going nowhere. What did he say to you Ashlyn?" Blake balled his fist up.

"I can't get anything to drink, I can't eat in peace without him watching me and making slick comments. Let's just go!" She shut her eyes.

"Nah." Blake stormed back in the building.

He didn't stop until he found his Uncle Steve. Without warning, he punched Steven in his face twice then began choking him. Steve tried choking him back but Blake overpowered him. They fell over the table causing everyone to scream. Blake remained on top of him punching him until he heard Ashlyn and his mother both call his name.

"Don't you ever in your fucking life say anything to my girl again as long as you living bitch!" Blake hollered.

"She d-" Steve coughed up blood.

"She is my wife not just some random ass woman I'm fucking. She gone be around. As long as you gone see me you gone see her. Deal with it and if you don't want to fuck you but keep your thoughts to yourself. I will break every bone in your fucking face about her. Is that understood?" Blake felt someone pulling him off Steve.

Steve couldn't get a word out. Ashlyn ran to Blake side. Regina tried getting in Ashlyn face until a family member grabbed her and held her back.

"This is all your fault. Blake I can't believe you chose this gal over your own family! Steve did nothing!!! He did nothing!! She shouted.

"You are the problem!! You been the problem mama! I've sat and let you bully me and Ashlyn long enough. It stops tonight!! I don't wanna see you or hear from you again until you apologize! You the reason your brother got his ass whooped! Let's go Ashlyn!"

Blake didn't care about the stares and threats he got from his family. Ashlyn kept apologizing for ruining the night for everyone but he was over taking the downfall for his mom and her side kick.

"Look stop apologizing you did nothing wrong! I'm never letting anyone hurt you or play with you as long as I'm living. I'll go against whoever for you. You are my soon to be wife and if a motherfucker can't respect that then they can stay the fuck away from us! That goes for your family and my family!"