Chapter 34

Blake watched Baby Blake's every move. He still couldn't believe that he now had a son. Someone who looked like him, someone who might just grow up to be just like him. B.J. was going to be the name he would call him. Blake Jr. B.J. had Regina's green eyes causing Blake to look away for a brief second. She was suppose to be here. He hated how things were between them, she didn't even know of B.J.'s existence.

B.J. used Blake's leg to balance himself. Blake didn't try to help him at first because he wanted to see just how independent he was. The party was slightly winding down. Every kid came to hug Blake and gush over B.J. Blake gifted them with gigantic goody bags and gift cards. He made sure their bags were stuffed. He chatted with Ashlyn's mother and family members thanking them for helping. He also asked if they needed anything. Blake was very family oriented and didn't want anyone to feel left out. His dad and siblings touched bases with him before departing. Quadrey and Tramel clowned him yet they was happy he was home.

"Boy I know you bout to make another baby tonight!" Tramel teased.

"Nah man, Im chilling. I'm out the way." Blake smiled.

"Yea fuckin right!" Quadrey playfully pushed him in his chest.

"I appreciate y'all so much for making my boy's party a success. It looked like some shit on TV." Blake looked around.

"Man he look just like you. Even though he mixed you can still see you in him." Quadrey looked down at B.J.

"On God! Boy look just like yo big head ass......ayyee so what we gone do about Rico?" Tramel lowered his voice.

"I'm tired as fuck and I wanna spend time with my son so that shit can wait til tomorrow. Let's meet up Tomorrow and discuss that." Blake picked B.J. up.

"Bet!" Quadrey and Tramel said at the same time.

Ashlyn was gathering B.J. gifts. Blake just watched her for awhile. He honestly couldnt believe she was even alive after she suffered so many complications during child labor. B.j. became fussy and wanted to be picked up. Blake knew he was sleepy.

"Need some help?"

"No. I got it." Ashlyn began walking to the car.

Blake watched her walk to the car swaying her hips walking with her head held high. He knew she was mad that he wasn't talking to her. She stood by the car with her arms folded, then she opened the door for him to put a sleepy B.J. in his carseat. She was about to jump in the driver seat when Blake stopped her. She gave him a puzzled look.

"You've did enough today. Relax, I'll drive, I got it." Blake walked to the passenger's side door and opened it for her.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

Blake drove avoiding eye contact with Ashlyn. She kept glancing back at B.J. every once in awhile to be sure he wasn't awake. Blake stopped at a lake front making Ashlyn become frightened. The last time he had drove somewhere and stopped at the middle of nowhere he was about to kill her. She quickly locked her door causing him to laugh.

"Get out of the car scary ass!" Blake laughed.

She cracked the window.

"No! How do I know you not gonna try to kill me? You probably wanna kill me and take Blake and run off because you hate me now." She never took her eyes off him as she talked.

"Oh my god. Girl I came to walk the pier with you only this time we got Blake with us. You don't remember the very first time we met up I took you to the pier and drove you back on my bike? Damn Ash." Blake just stared at her.

She was beautiful yet her eyes screamed that she was tired. Blake felt he had punished her enough and wanted to move forward now that they had a son. He got B.J.'s stroller out the trunk, then smiled once Ashlyn opened her car door. She took B.J. out his car seat and helped Blake put him in his stroller.

"That boy will sleep thru a tornado!" Blake joked.

" He's been running all day. And I mean all day." Ashlyn smiled.

They began walking side by side reminiscing about the days before they became parents. Ashlyn brought up a few bad moments they had and laughed but Blake didn't find it as funny. He had really been a shitty person to her. She never stepped out on him nor tried to get revenge. She had stayed by his side and allowed him to walk all over her. He was selfish, he was wrong. He pulled her into his arms and held her. She began crying into his chest.

"I'm sorry. From here on out I'm gonna be a better man. I want to start over." Blake kissed her forehead.

"I'm not OK....I'm not OK. I just know I got to hold it together for our son." Ashlyn hugged him tighter.

"Im here now. I'm never leaving y'all again. Never. I'm sending you and Naomi to Cancun since that's your traveling buddy. You need a break." Blake kissed her again.

"So are we together?" She looked up into his eyes.

"Together til never."

"You said on the phone when I asked you about the flowers that we not together." Ashlyn pouted.

"Did you like the flowers?" Blake pulled the stroller closer to him.

"I don't know who sent them." She shook her head.

"Did you like the flowers?" He asked again.

"They were beautiful but.."

"Good....cause I been thinking bout you, do you think about me still?" Blake winked.

"You sent them? You sneaky motherfucka!! That's exactly what the card said!  Imma beat yo ass!! Had me scared to tell you then you had me thinking a MF stalking me!" She laughed as tears spilled out her eyes.

"Nah Imma beat your ass if you don't tell me a motherfucker sent you flowers. Dont play with me." He held her from behind and kissed her neck.

"I love you." She said as she placed her hands on the handles of the stroller.

"I love you too baby, look up at the sky."

Some fireworks began sounding off and  the words "I LOVE YOU" spreaded across the horizon. Ashlyn pulled Blake's arms around her tighter as she expressed her love for him back. He could almost feel her heart flutter. She couldn't take her eyes off the sky. Blake grabbed her ass and began squeezing it.

"Let's go to the room!" Blake whispered in her ear.

"Okay." She whispered back.