𝟎𝟏𝟓

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙺𝚒𝚍"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

     "EMILY, the uniform is really uncomfortable," Noah complains as she walks into Emily's bedroom.

The woman turns around and looks at the teen.  Emily cannot help but smile as she sees Noah dressed in a baby blue button-up which is tucked into a khaki skirt.  She also has the navy blue sweater on over her shirt.  Noah also put on the socks but dropped them down to the tops of her black Doc Martens.

"You look so cute!" Emily exclaims.

"Can we please just go?" Noah asks. Emily begins playing with the teen's hair, fixing the part a bit.

"Okay, okay," Emily says and rushes around her bedroom. Noah goes downstairs and quickly eats a granola bar. She pours some coffee into a to-go mug and waits for Emily by the door.

Emily rushes down the last few steps and sees Noah waiting.

"Hold on, I need to get some—"

"Coffee?" The teen asks and holds up the mug.

"Oh, thank you, honey." Emily says with a smile and opens the door, "Let's go!" She beams and directs Noah to the car.

As Noah buckles her seatbelt, she looks at the clock on the radio and furrows her brow.

"I don't understand why we're leaving at six-forty-five if school starts at seven-thirty." The teen whines.

"Maybe I have a surprise for you." Emily chuckles.

Emily drives through the city, going a different way than Noah remembers them going before. Emily parks in front of an apartment building and Noah asks her what they are doing.

"Waiting," Emily replies.

Noah hears a knock on her window and sees Penelope standing outside the car. The teen quickly opens her door and hugs the woman.

"Hi, Em!" Penelope greets her friend as she hugs the teen, "And little Ms. First Day!" She beams and pulls away from the hug to hold Noah's face.

"Are you excited?!" Garcia asks.

"Yeah, I guess so," Noah says as she shrugs her shoulder. Noah lets Garcia take the front seat and sits in the middle of the back.

"She's nervous," Emily says to Penelope.

"I'm not!" Noah exclaims.

"It's okay to be nervous." Garcia coos and encourages the teen with tons of tips and advice.

"I just know that everyone is going to like you!" Penelope gleams. Noah smiles, but wishes what Penelope was saying would be true. Deep down, Noah knows that kids are not as kind as Penelope thinks they are.

"All the girls are gonna be debating whether they wanna be your friend or just be you. And all the boys...don't even get me started! They'll all be drooling over you—"

"Hey, let's not get too ahead of ourselves." Emily interrupts Penelope's rambling.

"Calm down, Mama Bear! I just know that you're going to make so many friends!" The blonde exclaims out of excitement towards the teen.

"We'll see," Noah says as they pull into the carpool line.

"Hey," Emily says, "C'mere," She requests and watches Noah lean towards the front seat.

"I'll be waiting for you outside the BAU, okay?" She asks and sees Noah nod, "You're gonna be great."

"If I need you, will you answer your phone?" Noah asks.