𝟎𝟑𝟐

"𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕠𝕠𝕟

"I THINK you're a Slytherin, end of conversation." Jess states as she and Noah walk along the sidewalk side-by-side.

"So, you think I'm mean?" Noah asks.

"I think there's more to Slytherin's than being on the dark side." The blonde beams as she looks over at Noah.

They are walking so close to each other that every few steps, their arms bump against one another.  Jess slightly pushes her hand out every now and then, just to feel the tips of Noah's fingers.

"And I think there's more to Hufflepuff's than just being kind." The brunette replies.

"My whole life, I've gone around saying I'm a Gryffindor." Jess sighs, "But seriously, you need to watch the last two movies—"

"I've been trying, but Emily is always so busy and whenever we watch a movie, she doesn't wanna watch them."

"Is it that or do you keep suggesting superhero movies?" Jess questions her friend with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, I have to stop telling you everything I do." Noah giggles.

"Well, if you stopped telling me everything, then I wouldn't learn something new about you every day."

"Hmm," Noah hums with a smile, not having a quick-witted response.

"Are you keeping your promise?" Jess asks as they arrive at the bookshop.

"I wouldn't pass up the chance to beat you at your own game." Noah chuckles as she holds the door open for the blonde.

"You've never seen me play.  What if I'm the best in the world?" Jess exaggerates as she walks them towards the counter at the front of the store.

The bookstore is quite old; the whole store itself is practically an antique.  Noah admires the dark wood of the shelves, counter, and floor.  It almost feels like a very homey cabin flooded with books.

"You got me covered?" A voice asks from one of the little hallways in-between the bookshelves.

"Yeah, you're all good, Nadine," Jess replies as a girl comes into view.

Noah peers over and takes in the girl's appearance.  Her mahogany skin is clear and stunning.  Her hair is in braids and is messily thrown into a bun with two braids shaping her face.  The girl's dark brown eyes look into Noah's blues.

"Hi, I'm Nadine." The girl introduces herself as she pulls a jacket off of one of the hooks behind the counter.

"Noah,"

"Nice to meet you," Nadine beams and seems to gaze into Noah's eyes.

"You too," The brunette replies.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jess." Nadine says as she comes around the counter and looks at Noah once more, "Noah." She nods and smirks.

"Don't mind her." Jess chuckles and goes behind the counter.  She pulls out her name tag and puts it on.

"C'mere." Jess chimes and waves Noah over.  The teen joins Jess behind the counter and sits on one of the stools.  She throws her bookbag off and places it under the counter.

"Alright, let's see." Jess talks to herself as she looks around the mess to find the chessboard, "Ah, here we go!" She exclaims and pulls out the box.

"So, you just play while you're on the job?"

"Uh, yeah." Jess giggles and pulls out the board, "Sometimes Nadine stays and plays, but usually I'm alone so I play myself."