𝟎𝟔𝟐

"𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺
𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

"ALRIGHT, that's enough for today, wait for the bell to leave." The teacher says and everyone turns to their friends to start talking.

Noah watches the clock above the door of the classroom like a hawk. She impatiently waits for the bell to ring as her leg bounces up and down. She silently picks at her nails as she watches the second hand tick.

"Ms. Prentiss," The teacher announces, making Noah turn to look at the woman, "You're wanted in the front office."

Noah's face drops. Everyone turns to look at her, a silence falling over the class.

The teen picks up her bookbag and walks out of the classroom. She slowly makes her way to the office, her head sulking. Once she opens the door to the office, she sees Jacob leaving the principal's office. He rolls his eyes at her and walks off as the bell rings.

"Ms. Prentiss?" Principal Gallway calls out.

Noah turns towards the woman and is met by a disappointed expression.

"Ah, lovely to see you again." The principal says with a smile. Noah realizes the woman is looking past her and turns to see Emily standing behind her.

"Please, let's go to my office."

Noah and Emily walk into the office. Principal Gallway shuts the door behind them and gestures for them to sit. Emily looks over at Noah and finds the teen avoiding eye contact with her at all costs.

"I wish we were meeting under different circumstances, but we take certain situations very seriously here at Levine." The woman begins as she sits at her desk, "Agent Prentiss, I'm assuming that Noah has not told you anything about her fight yesterday?"

"Excuse me?" Emily asks, making sure she heard her right.

"Noah?" Principal Gallway says, making the teen look up at her, "I'm gonna give you a chance to tell her yourself."

"Noah?" Emily questions the teen.

"I...hit someone," Noah admits as she looks down at her shoes.

"Look at me," Emily says, making the teen's gaze find her eyes, "What did you do?"

"I hit someone," Noah repeats.

"Who?" Emily asks.

"A boy," The teen mumbles.

"And why would you do that?"

"Because he made me angry," Noah quietly says.

"He said you called him a name and he tried to talk to you, but you hit him." Principal Gallway interjects. Noah snaps her head to look up at the woman in shock.

"He—" Noah stops herself, knowing neither of them will believe her, "I snapped."

"I'm sorry, can we have a moment?" Emily asks the woman, who nods in understanding. Principal Gallway makes herself scarce, closing the door to give the mother and daughter some privacy.

"Noah," Emily says, "I'm really tryna understand what's going on, but I don't. So, please tell me."

"I already did," Noah groans as she rubs her face with her hands.

"That doesn't make sense," Emily sighs, "You don't get that angry unless there's a reason."

Noah stays silent, not daring to make eye contact.  Emily gently grabs the teen's chin and turns her face towards herself.