𝟎𝟐𝟏

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚕𝚞𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱𝘦'𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦

"EMILY GOT ME THEM," Noah says as she shows Penelope her new shoes.

The week went by quickly, but the weekend became slow as Emily got a call to come into work for a case. Noah was, yet again, dragged out of bed and taken to the BAU.

"I love them!" Penelope beams.

"We went shopping on Friday and she got me tons of stuff," Noah chimes, "You'll have to come over and I can show you all of it!"

"Oh, this sounds like the perfect opportunity for an at-home fashion show!" Penelope exclaims and Noah nods along.

"Absolutely!" Noah says and smiles wide, "I'll talk to Emily about it when I see her."

"I went to look for her, but I couldn't find her." Noah adds.

"I think they went to the briefing room if you need her." Penelope says and sees the teen nod.

In the bullpen, a very stern woman enters. She is wearing a black blazer with a tight pencil skirt. Her hair is perfectly curled at its ends and

"Excuse me, Agent," The woman says as she approaches Anderson, "I need to speak to Agent Prentiss and one of her superiors."

"Uh, she's in a briefing—"

"Yes, well, it's extremely important." The woman insists.

Emily stands at the counter in the briefing room and looks out the window. She furrows her brow as she sees a familiar face. Emily quickly heads to the door and walks out to the balcony. She blinks a few times before realizing that the woman is exactly who she thought it was.

"Mother?" Emily calls out.

The woman looks over at the balcony and acknowledges her daughter by a single glare.

Noah steps into the bullpen and looks around for Emily. Once she sees her leaving Hotch's office, she rushes to catch up to her.

"Emily—" Noah says as they meet at the bottom of the steps.

"C'mere," Emily replies and immediately pulls Noah towards Garcia's office.

Emily checks the office and sees that Garcia must have gone somewhere. She takes a deep breath and turns around to face the teen.

"What's wrong?" Noah asks. Emily's heart melts at the concern emitting from the teen.

"My mother is here," Emily states.

"Why?" Noah asks.

"Because she has a case for us."

"Okay,"

"So, you're gonna be meeting your grandmother for the first time." Emily says in hopes that the teen will be somewhat excited.

"Okay," Noah replies, having no words.

In the teen's mind, there are a million thoughts popping up. She is worried about all the different ways that meeting Emily's mother could go wrong.