𝟏𝟐𝟒

"𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎'𝚜"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘶

     "HEY, NO NOAH TODAY?" Morgan asks Emily as he walks up to his desk.

"No," Emily says, catching the attention of Reid and Penelope, who walks up to them. "She's with Jess."

"On Valentine's Day?" Derek asks with a cocked eyebrow.

"How cute!" Penelope beams with a wide smile.

"Did you know that there's actually more than one St. Valentine?" Spencer asks them. "There was St. Valentine's Day from Pope Galsius I, who instituted St. Valentine's Day, but there was also a Roman priest who defied Claudius II Gothicus and another priest with the same name who was from Terni, Italy. Well, it wasn't Terni then, but it is now and some people even thought the two priests were the same person—"

"You're romantic in your own little way, aren't you?" Derek asks with a smirk that shows he's joking. Spencer shows a flat smile as he accepts the teasing.

"Leave him alone," Penelope snaps and hits Derek's stomach with the files in her hand.

"If you're classing yourself as a romantic, then you're funny," Emily says to Derek.

"Hey, don't hate what you can't have," Derek jokes more.

"More like don't want," Emily laughs and winks at Penelope, who is holding back her giggles.

Across town, Noah walks with Jess, who has her eyes closed, relying on Noah's direction and hold on her arm to guide her down the street.

"Where are we?" Jess asks as she stands on the sidewalk with Noah's hand over her eyes. "Everyone's gonna think you're kidnapping me."

"Give me one second," Noah says as she takes Jess' hand in hers. "Ready?"

"Yes," Jess replies as she bounces on her toes with excitement.

"Okay, you can open now!" Noah giggles and takes her hand away from Jess' eyes, letting her reveal the surprise.

The blonde's eyes open to a large building. She stares up at the tall building and reads the sign hanging over the grand front entrance. Watergate Hotel. The place where Jess first fell for Noah.

"What're we doing here?" Jess asks with a wide smile.

"Sneaking in...again," Noah giggles and pulls the blonde's hand toward the doors. They walk in and walk past the front desks, heading straight to the elevators. They squeeze in with some other guests and press the top floor.

"It's gonna be freezing up there," Jess whispers to Noah.

"It was cold the last time we were up there," Noah replies. "You can have my jacket."

They wait for the elevator to make all its stops, leaving them alone to go up to the rooftop. When the elevator opens, they step out into the cold air. The breeze is a little harsh because of how high up they are, but they both don't mind it.

Jess walks up to the ledge and looks out at the other buildings. Noah stands behind her and puts her hands on the ledge beside Jess'. Noah kisses Jess' cheek and feels how cold her skin has become.

"Did you think that the next time we'd be up here we'd be girlfriends?" Jess asks with a smile as she turns around in Noah's arms.

"I don't know," Noah replies. "I didn't really know what I felt back then. It's kinda weird to think about it, isn't it?"

"I knew you'd fall for me," Jess giggles.

"Did you?" Noah asks sarcastically.

"I'm exactly what you needed."