𝟎𝟖𝟔

"𝙰 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴' 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

     "YOU COZY?" Emily asks sarcastically as she sits on the bed next to Noah.  The teen is tucked into her covers with a fuzzy blanket on top of her duvet.  She has Sergio on the pillow beside hers, purring as he gets comfortable.

"Mhm," Noah hums and smiles up at her mother.

"You ready for tomorrow morning?" Emily asks with a wide smile.

"Yes, I'm so excited!" Noah exclaims, "Are you gonna make cinnamon rolls in the morning?"

"Yep," The mother chimes and kisses the teen's forehead, "Get some sleep."

"Will you wake me up when you get up tomorrow?"

"If you want me to," Emily agrees and pets Sergio's head, "Goodnight, Serg," She beams and turns back to her daughter, "Goodnight," The mother adds and squishes her daughter's cheeks.

"Love you," Noah tells her mother as she stands to go to her own room.

"I love you, baby," Emily says, kissing Noah's cheek before turning the lamp off.  She walks out into the hallway, softly closing the teen's bedroom door behind her.

Emily goes downstairs and heads straight to the study.  She looks in the cabinet under her bookshelves and sees all the presents she wrapped for her daughter.  She takes them out a couple at a time, setting them under the tree for the morning.

Once she is done, she walks back up to her room and gets ready for bed.  She has a fun day awaiting her and she wants to be rested for her first Christmas morning with her daughter.

𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Emily wakes up to the sound of her alarm.  She presses the button on her clock and turns to see that it is eight.  She pulls the covers back and heads to the bathroom to freshen up.  Instead of changing into her usual work clothes, Emily changes into a white long-sleeve sweater and a pair of red Christmas pajama pants.

The mother walks out into the hallway and down the stairs.  She plugs in the Christmas tree lights and pulls back the curtains, seeing a light snowfall.  She smiles to herself before going to the kitchen and starting a fresh pot of coffee.  Emily gets the cinnamon roll can out of the fridge and preheats the oven.

Once she has gotten the coffee ready in Christmas mugs and put the cinnamon rolls in the oven, she heads back upstairs.  Emily gently opens the teen's bedroom door and sees Noah still fast asleep.  Sergio lays on Noah's stomach, lounging the morning away on top of the fluffy blanket that is keeping the teen warm.

"Noah?" Emily whispers as she kneels beside the sleeping teenager, "You ready to get up?" She asks as she sees her daughter's eyes fluttering.

"Em?" Noah asks as she stretches her arms.

"Good morning," Emily giggles and puts her hand on Noah's cheek, placing a kiss on the other cheek, "Merry Christmas, bub."

Noah fully opens her eyes and peers into Emily's.  The teen lets a small smile show as she turns to fully face her mother.

"Merry Christmas," Noah replies as her grin widens.