𝟎𝟐𝟑

"𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗 𝚄𝚙"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ

     "GOOD MORNING!" Emily exclaims as she walks into the teen's room. She jumps on Noah's bed and lays her body over the teen's.

"Emily!" Noah groans.

"Hey, you said you wanted to hang out today," Emily says.

"I do, but I also wanna sleep." The teen groggily says as she rolls over.

"You slept plenty!" Emily giggles as she lightly shakes the teen.

"We can sleep and hang out," Noah suggests, which brings a smile to Emily's face.

"No, we're supposed to go to lunch and come back to have a movie marathon — just like you wanted."

"I changed my mind; I wanna sleep."

"So, you don't wanna spend any time with me?" Emily pouts as she gets off of Noah's bed.

"I do."

"Then, come on!" Emily exclaims and grabs Noah's arm. She starts playfully pulling Noah up and sits her up.

"Okay, okay, I'm going." Noah groans and lets her feet dangle from the side of the bed.

"I want you downstairs in twenty minutes," Emily says.

"Twenty mins.  Yeah, that's fine." Noah says in a sarcastic tone, "I only have to shower, do my hair, and find an outfit."

"Okay, thirty.  Deal?" Emily asks.

"Thirty sounds better," Noah agrees and walks into her closet.  Emily playfully rolls her eyes and walks to her own room.

The teen picks out her outfit and rushes to the shower.  She quickly gets in and out and gets dressed.  Noah brushes out her hair and realizes that she needs a hairdryer.  She rushes over to Emily's room and into the woman's bathroom.

"Do you have a hairdryer?" She asks Emily.

"Do I have a hairdryer?" Emily says with a laugh, "Is that even a question?" She giggles as she points to her hairdryer on the counter.

"Go ahead," Emily says and watches Noah walk over to the other side of the bathroom counter.

"Thanks!" The teen beams and turns the hairdryer on. Emily smiles to herself and continues getting ready. She watches Noah dry her hair and realizes that she is doing it weirdly.

"Let me see," Emily says loudly over the dryer and takes it from Noah's hands. She grabs her brush and starts drying the teen's hair while styling it.

"There," She says as she finishes and turns the dryer off. Noah runs her hands through her hair and admires how soft it feels.

"Thank you, Em!" Noah exclaims and rushes to get her shoes.

Emily and Noah meet downstairs and head to the car. Emily drives them to a small cafe in town that is not too busy. They sit inside near the window and open their menus.

"You should try one of their lattes," Emily says.

"Where is it?" Noah asks.

"Right there," Emily says as she points to the lattes on Noah's menu.

"And you would like the Belgian waffles."

"Where's that?" The teen asks.

"C'mere, honey," Emily says and pats the space next to her in the booth.  Noah stands and sits down next to Emily.  The woman holds up her menu for the both of them to see and points to all the things she thinks Noah will like.