𝟎𝟐𝟐

"𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺

"ALRIGHT, I'm handing back your tests!" Mr. Holden announces as all his students take a seat.

Noah laughs at a joke Liv made and pulls out her notebook to get ready for class.

Noah had a lovely morning with Emily. They woke up a bit earlier and made pancakes with sprinkles in them to celebrate it being Friday. Emily has the day off tomorrow, so they have been impatiently waiting for the weekend.

"Me Parker, and Ronan are skipping class after lunch to go down to one of the protests in D.C." Liv says, hoping Noah will join them.

"Listen, my Mom's friend gave me one chance to not tell her about me skipping classes. I don't think I can afford it a second time." Noah explains and Liv just rolls her eyes.

"That was only 'cause you got caught."

"Don't they call the school when you're absent from class?" Noah asks.

"No," Liv says, "Did your old school do that?"

"Yeah, but I didn't really care then."

"How come?" Liv questions. Noah quickly panics as she tries to think of an answer without explaining her past.

"Noah," Mr. Holden comes to the rescue, "Well done." He says and puts the test face-down on the teen's desk.

Noah lifts the test and looks at the top of the paper at her grade.

𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘰𝘣, 𝘕𝘰𝘢𝘩!

"Holy shit, dude!" Liv exclaims as she looks over Noah's shoulder at her test.

"I guess science is easy when you find it interesting." Noah giggles and looks at Liv's test, "You better start paying me to tutor you." She says as she sees that Liv got a B.

"You might have saved my life." Liv says with a chuckle, "One more C and my Mom was gonna have my ass."

"We'll get you up to an A next time...then you'll really owe me." Noah says.

"Deal," Liv replies, "So, are you coming or not?"

"What about Tate and Jess?"

"Tate is too scared of his Mom and Jess hates skipping class." Liv explains.

"What's the protest for?" Noah asks.

"Women's rights."

"And Parker wants to go to that?"

"Hey," Liv giggles, "He will surprise you the more you get to know him. He's not always an asshole." She jokes.

"I don't wanna leave Jess to walk to the bookstore alone," Noah says and sees Liv nod.

"Next time, then. Maybe you can convince her to join us too." Liv adds and turns to Mr. Holden starting class.

"Hey!" A voice exclaims behind Noah as she leaves Mr. Holden's class with Liv.

The two girls turn around and see Parker rushing towards them.

"Hey, after lunch we're going—"

"She's not coming." Liv cuts Parker off.

"Why not?" He asks.