𝟎𝟎𝟗

"𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ

"NOAH, I'm ready to prep you." JJ tells the teen.  Noah has been sitting outside of the briefing room while the BAU team discussed how Noah should approach the other kids.

"Okay." The girl says and follows JJ to a secluded office.

"I need you to listen to me very carefully." The blonde advises the teen.

"Okay."

"Don't antagonize them — it will drive them away.  You need to sympathize with them, try to convince them that telling the truth is the right thing to do.  They're not going to budge at first, but you just have to keep pushing it." JJ explains as Noah nods along, "They're gonna try to make it sound like you had something to do with all of this.  Just keep calm and know that you weren't a part of this.  Keep them on track and don't let them distract you with their stories."

"Tell them that you understand how they feel and you know why they did what they did.  I know that sounds awful, but it will help them trust you more." JJ says and sees the teen beginning to space out.

"Noah," She speaks and puts her hand on the teen's, "No one is expecting this to be easy for you." She reminds her.

"I don't wanna let anyone down." Noah admits.

"You're not gonna let anyone down." JJ insists and hears the door open. Emily walks into the room and smiles at the two.

"You okay?" Emily asks as she quickly notices the uneasiness in the teen.

"Mhm," Noah hums.

"Are you ready?" Emily asks.

"Yeah," Noah nods and walks out of the office with Emily and JJ.

The three walk to the room and see Hotch, Reid, and Morgan standing in it. She looks through the glass window and sees Gregg Henry, the son of Lily Henry. Emily and JJ keep walking down the hallway and turn the corner. They stop at a doorway that leads to the interrogation room.

"If you need to stop—" Emily begins.

"Say so.  You can hear everything I'm saying." Noah repeats Emily from when she confronted Nick.

"I believe in you." Emily tells Noah what she needs to hear.

"I trust you." Noah tells Emily what she needs to hear.

"Go ahead," Emily tells Noah and opens the door for her.

Noah walks into the room and looks Gregg in the eye. He seems surprised to see her.

"Noah," Gregg states.

"Hi," Noah sighs as she sits down.

"What're you doing here?" He questions her.

"More importantly," Noah says as she looks at him sympathetically, "What're you doing here?" She questions him back and sees that he has no response.

"Gregg, I don't know what's going on, but I need you to be honest with me." Noah requests, "Did you hurt my mother?" She asks.