𝟎𝟑𝟖

"𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴' 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

     "NOAH," Emily softly sings, "It's time to get up, honey."

"No," Noah hums, still half asleep.

"Yeah, c'mon." Emily giggles and strokes Noah's hair, which makes the teen's eyes open, "Oh, there are those gorgeous eyes!  Good morning!" She happily says and kisses Noah's head.

"Why're you so happy?" Noah groans, "It's six in the morning."

"Six-forty-five." Emily corrects her, "C'mon, sleepy.  Go get ready before we're late."

"On it," Noah says and watches Emily go to the bathroom.  As soon as she is gone, the teen slumps back into bed, dreading going to school.

Noah drags herself out of bed and to the bathroom.  She washes her face, brushes her teeth, and does her best to fix her hair.  The teen grabs her uniform from her closet and picks out her black Doc Martens.  She throws the clothes on quickly and makes sure to straighten them all out while looking in the mirror.

Noah heads downstairs and sees a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese waiting for her.  She smiles to herself and sits at the breakfast bar to eat.

"You awake now?" Emily asks as she sits next to the teen with a mug in her hand.

"Mhm," Noah hums as she takes another bite of her bagel.

"I got an email from your principal, she needs you to pick out your classes for next semester since you missed registration," Emily says as she watches Noah enjoy her breakfast.

"Okay," Noah replies.

"So, will you go to her office after school to do it?"

"After school?" Noah asks with a frown; she was hoping to talk to Jess after school.

"Yeah," Emily says with a smirk, "What?  Do you have plans?"

"I'll have to walk to the BAU alone." Noah whines.

"I can meet you at school." Emily offers as she strokes Noah's hair.

"Yes please!" Noah beams before taking the last bite of her bagel and washing it down with coffee.

𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺

Noah walks out of her first-period class and heads down one of the hallways.  She rushes through the crowd and excuses herself as she slides between people.  The teen looks into a classroom and waits outside in the hall, leaning against the wall.

"Hey," Noah says as she kicks off the wall.

Jess whips around as she hears a familiar voice.  She gazes at Noah, surprised to see her this early in the day.

"What're you doing here?" The blonde asks with a furrowed brow.

"I'm...at school." Noah chuckles as she walks alongside Jess.

"I mean, like, waiting for me."

"I wanted to talk about Friday—"

"Noah, really, I just wanna move past it.  I overreacted." Jess says as she turns down another hallway.  Noah rolls her eyes, knowing Jess all too well.

"I don't think we should just move past it—" Noah defends, wanting to genuinely fix the situation.

"I got uncomfortable.  I took it out on you and I just wanted to go home." Jess cuts Noah off and shrugs.