Chapter 2 Arrival at UA and an Old Wound

Izuku's POV

"After a few months of looking after Y/n, I hope I've learned everything about her quirk." I thought to myself. The more I learned about her quirk, the more it seemed to have something new for me to observe. Her transformation didn't seem to offer much more than the change in size. The fire I saw her use seems to be controlled by her mind or hands, she can even change the temperature of the fire. Although she mostly uses it to keep herself warm, there is one drawback to it though. From what I can tell, she needs to concentrate on it to keep it from going crazy. The only part of her quirk that stands out is the fox like ears and tail that she has, some of her senses also seem to be better because of these traits. "Izuku, isn't time for you to go?" Mom said. I looked at the time and realized I needed to head to the beach. "Y/n, I'm leaving be good for grandma alright." I said, gently shaking her awake. As soon as I touched her shoulder, she locked onto my arm. "This again, now I have to take her, she won't let go until she feels safe." I thought. I lifted her out of bed and took her out to the living room. "Mom, can you take her and get her changed really quick?" I asked. Mom came over and helped me get her off, but she reached for me until my mom left the living room. After a few minutes, mom came out from my room and handed her back to me.

"I can take her for the day if you're so worried about the exam." Mom said.

"No, I've learned pretty quick that I can't leave her like this. Plus, once she feel safe she'll let go she's just got to get there first." I said. I took Y/n and rested her on my back, she gripped onto me perfectly so that I could breathe and carry her without stopping too much. "Well, have a wonderful day you two, don't get yourself hurt too badly and I should have some berries for Y/n when you get home." Mom said.

"Thank you." I said, heading to the door. I waved and left our apartment and headed to the beach. There were just a few pieces left to move I moved Y/n off my back and kissed her forehead. She relaxed and continued to sleep peacefully, I moved the last few pieces of trash before climbing on top of the mountain I had made. I screamed, happy that I finally finished what I needed to. After I stopped screaming, I felt light-headed and fell to the ground, however something caught me and set me back on my feet. "You did it young Midoriya. You did even more then you needed." All Might said. I looked up at him and smiled before I remembered Y/n, I ran down to the corner of the stairs finding her still fast asleep. "It seems you've also grown into the role of a father quite well." All Might said leaning over the railing. I nodded putting my jacket back on and resting Y/n onto my back again. "Now to pass my quirk onto you you must eat this." All Might said holding out a piece of his hair. I looked at him shocked and a little confused, he then explained that I had to eat some of his DNA to recieve his quirk. I did my best to eat the hair which wasn't easy, but I did it I looked at the clock that was near the entrance to the beach and saw what time it was. "I've got to get home and take a shower and get something to eat." I said.

"Yes, and I reccomend leaving little Y/n at home, but from what I see she's a little attached." All Might said.

"Yeah, she's been this way a couple times. She just has to feel safe, but that can take a while." I said.

"Alright, when the time comes and the exam happens if she's still with you I can take her. I believe she trusts me a bit." All Might said. I nodded and started making my way back home, once I got home I laid Y/n back in bed and took a shower. I then ate some breakfast and made something for Y/n to eat while we're out. "Alright I think it's time to head to UA." I said to myself trying to get pumped up. I headed back to my room and saw Y/n starting to wake up. "Good morning, I'm ready to go to UA are you coming with me?" I asked. She nodded and sat on the edge of the bed, I kneeled in front of her and let her get on my back. I grabbed my backpack and headed out making my way to UA. I was super excited when I arrived at UA, Kacchan bumped into me noting saying anything like her normally would. I took a step forward before tripping and falling face first. I accepted my fate but then I felt myself floating, I looked back to see a girl with shoulder length brown hair. "Sorry I should've asked to use my quirk before I did." She said. I couldn't say anything and just stared at her, she waved to me as she left me behind. I soon snapped out of my thoughts and followed her to get my exam card.

I got my exam card and headed to the auditorium that was listed on my card. I saw Toshinori standing outside the door waiting for something. "Ah there you are young Midoriya, and good morning to you little Y/n." Toshinori greeted.

"Morning." Y/n said. Toshinori smiled at her before looking at me. "I guess I should take her so you can focus on the exam." Toshinori said. I nodded and looked at Y/n over my shoulder. "Will you go with Toshinori until I'm done?" I asked. She looked at me then Toshinori before nodding. I let her down to the floor and headed into the auditorium.

All Might's POV

"Well little Y/n shall we go watch everyone do their exam?" I asked. She nodded happily and grabbed onto my hand. We headed to the office where the principal and a few of the other teachers were gathered. "Ah Toshinori it's good you arrived, and you brought a guest with you." Principal Nezu said.

"Yes, I'm sorry I'm a bit late. This here is Y/n, while I was training someone we stumbled upon her home. The person then took her home and started to observe her quirk which I'm waiting to learn about myself." I said introducing Y/n.

"That person isn't one of the student correct?" Nezu asked.

"Yes it is, he's the one with green hair and freckles on his face. His name is Izuku Midoriya." I said. They pulled up his exam papers and started going through them. "Well it seems that this child has made a difference in his life, he's answering the questions like a mature adult or father would." Ectoplasm said.

"Yes, I didn't know what impact she would have on him but it appears to be a positive one." I said. I took my seat and set Y/n in my lap letting her rest against my chest, she felt where my wound was with her hand getting my attention. "Hurt." She said looking up at me.

"Yes, I'm quite hurt. There's nothing that I can do about it though." I said. She just nodded before turning to look at the screens.