Chapter 65

Y/n's POV

Papa, Lemillion, and I told each other our hero names before that girl bumped into me. "I hope you'll forgive my daughter, hero. I don't know what to do with her, always playing rough, bumping into things and people." Kai Chisaki said. I could hear papa's breath as he probably realized who we were in front of. "Whoopise daisy, looks like that mask came off again. You might want to think about getting it resized my friend." Mirio said, flipping papa's mask on. 

"I totally get it, honestly I still tend to play a little rough myself." I said, standing up and looking at Chisaki. 

"Trix is right. We're sorry. It's our fault as well." Mirio said. Papa's breathing starting calming down as he realized he needed to not freak out in front of Chisaki. "I know that mask. You must be part of the Hassaikai, right? You guys are pretty famous around here." Mirio said.

"Yeah, please don't mind the mask. It keeps out the filth. I don't believe I've seen you three in the area before." Chisaki said.

"Yeah. We're all still pretty new. Lemillion here is showing Deku and I how patrols work." I explained. 

"Come on, partner, can't do much heroing from down there now, can you?" Mirio said. I looked back at papa who still was worrying. "So, what agency are you guys with?" Chisaki asked.

"Oh, we're only students. We're far to lowly to be claiming to be with an agency. We're using our internships to get some more experience." Mirio said.

"Yeah, Deku and I could really use all the experience we can get. Now let's get back to our patrol so we can go have lunch!" I cheered.

"Come on, let's go." Mirio said. Mirio started walking away from us with papa quickly following him. As I turned to leave I felt Eri grip my hand tightly. "Please... please don't go...." Eri begged. I looked at her seeing the pained expression on her face. "Excuse me, I'm sorry, but your daughter seems scared." I said.

"A reaction to being scolded." Chisaki said. 

"Sure." Mirio said.

"Wait, but..." Papa said. Eri pulled herself closer to me. "Please..." She whispered. I thought for a second and hugged her tightly. "I know how scaring a scolding can be. Deku scolds me a lot when I accidentally mess something up, but I'm sure that if you're really sorry your dad will forgive you." I said. She was still trembling as I hugged her. "I know who he is, I can tell you're hurt and in danger. But I can't help you right now. I promise I will do whatever I can to save you though." I whispered in her ear. Eri slowly stopped trembling before I let her go. "See? You're sorry right?" I asked. Eri just nodded before looking back as Chisaki. "She's got bandages all over. She got all those from just playing rough?" Papa asked. 

"Yeah, Eri's an exceptionally clumsy girl." Chisaki said.

"Does that seem normal to you?" Papa asked. 

"It's dangerous to make assumptions about what's normal for other people." Chisaki said.

"Yeah everybody's different, right Trix?" Mirio asked.

"Yeah, I know I'm different from a lot of people." I said. 

"tell me what are you doing to this girl?" Papa asked. Eri was still staying as close to me as possible. "You heroes pick up on the subtlest things, don't you? Very well. This situation is... embarrassing. So I'd prefer to discuss it where we won't be over heard." Chisaki said.

"Of course, that makes sense." I said. Eri grabbed my hand as we followed Chisaki into the alley he and Eri had just come from. "Hard to admit that you can't control your own child, but lately Eri defies me no matter what I try." Chisaki said.

"Parenting man. Sounds rough, it can't be easy." Mirio said.

"Children are tricky, so determined to do whatever they want. That sometimes they just don't listen." Chisaki said. I heard a small gasp from Eri as she looked at Chisaki. I looked up and saw his stare looking at Eri. She let go of my hand before rushing back over to him. "Oh good, done with your temper tantrum?" Chisaki asked.

"Uh... Eri are you sure?" Papa asked. 

"She's always like this. Sorry to involve you in our family drama. I'm sure you have better things to be doing. Good luck with your internships." Chisaki said, walking away with Eri.

"Wait..." Papa started. I turned around and looked at him. Papa met my gaze as Mirio held his arm up to block him. "We're not going after them. Didn't you notice?" Mirio asked.

"Notice what?" Papa asked.

"He was about to get violent. She went back to protect us from fighting him." I said.

"If we keep pushing him he's going to be harder to catch. For now let's report to Sir." Mirio said. Mirio called Sir while I just stood there and looked down the alley where Eri had come from. "You doing alright, Trix?" Papa asked. I looked at him and kicked his foot. "Papa you're an idiot. I know a hero is supposed to protect everyone, but sometimes you need to let things go." I said. After Mirio finished the call he looked at me. "Get job Trix. I'm amazed you kept your cool so well." Mirio said.

"Thank, but I wish I could've helped her now." I said.

"We will, when it's the right time." Mirio said. I nodded. After a bit we met up with Sir Nighteye and Bubble Girl and we talked about meeting Chisaki out randomly before Mirio brought up Eri. We talked about Eri and what she looked like. "There must be something we can do to protect her." Papa said.

"Papa we have to take this slow. We can ruin investigations by acting too quickly." I said.

"Trix is right. I won't allow your arrogance ruin this case. Haste won't help this situation, take your time pursuing a target. If you rush they are that much more liekly to escape. You're not so special that you can just save whoever you want whenever you want." Sir Nighteye said. He explained the plan with some things, but Sir Nighteye wanted us to head back into the office. We agreed and headed back in. The next day during class papa had issues concentrating on class work before papa went charging off after All Might to talk to him about what was going on. I had my own concerns, but I was more worried about Eri knowing that she was still in pain.