Chapter 49

Deku's POV

Kirishima finished explained his plan and asked for me to join him on a new mission to get Y/n and Kacchan back. They started talking about the plan again. "Have the two of you lost your minds?" Ida asked.

"Hey , calm down. I know how frustrated Kirishima is, and how Todoroki feels since he couldn't grab Bakugo. I'm upset too, but we can't let our emotions get the best of us, right?" Shoji said. Everyone went quiet for a second before Aoyama suggested we should leave it to the professionals as well. Everyone was going back and forth on who agreed with the new plan and who said the plan was a bad idea. "Listen, we're all shocked that Bakugo was taken from us, but we have to be rational. It doesn't matter how noble your intentions, if you go out there trying to find the bad guys knowing you're breaking the rules, then you're acting like villains, not heroes." Tsu said. I hung my head down for a second before gathering my courage. "I'd rather be seen that way to protect my daughter than lose her to those villains." I said, looking at Tsu. Everyone was shocked to hear me say that before seeing the determination I had. "Deku, you can't Y/n would never let you go down that road just so you could protect her." Uraraka said. 

"I know, but if it's the way to save her, I'm willing to walk that road." I said. There was a knock on the door before it slid open as a doctor asked to speak with me alone. Everyone said that they'd head over and check on the others. "I talked to Yaoyorozu and if we're doing this, we're doing it tonight. I know you have some pretty hard core injuries, but I figured I'd invite since you probably feel the worst about it." Kirishima said. I thought about it before he left and that doctor told me about what was going on with my arms. He told me about what was going on with my ligaments and how to try to deal with it. He ended up giving me a note from Kota apologizing for hitting me and thanking both me and Y/n for helping protect him. After reading the note, I gathered all of my stuff and called mom telling her I had some things to do before coming home. "Izuku, do you and Y/n have to go back to that school?" Mom asked. I didn't know how to answer before asking if we could talk about it later. I met up with Yaoyorozu before heading outside with her to talk with Todoroki and Kirishima about the plan. We were about to start talking, but Ida spoke up first and walked over to us from behind his hiding space. "You. Why did it have to be you two of all people? The ones who stopped me when I acted recklessly. Who received amnesty with me after Hosu. Why are you trying to make the same stupid mistakes I made? Didn't you learn?" Ida asked.

"What are you talking about?" Kirishima asked. Todoroki put his hand on Kirishima's shoulder to stop him. "We're still just students. And UA is in a bad position as it is and anything we do will reflect on our school. Don't you get that?" Ida asked.

"Ida, we have to. I know you don't like us breaking rules but." I started. I was walking up to him before he punched me across the face. "I'm frustrated too and concerned obviously. I'm the class rep damn it. I'm worried about all my classmates not just Bakugo. When I saw your injuries all I could think of was my brother in the hospital. What if your bodies end up irreparable just like his cause I didn't step in? Have you not stopped to think about where I'm coming from? Or are you saying that you don't care about how I feel?" Ida said, grabbing my shoulders.

"Of course I do." I said.

"Ida you've got it wrong. We don't expect to face them head on and win. We'll get him back without fighting." Todoroki said.

"Yeah we'll be stealthy, we're talking covert ops here. We can rescue him without breaking the rules." Kirishima said.

"I trust in Todoroki's judgement, but something could go wrong so I'll join you as back up. I'll stand behind my classmates." Yaoyorozu said.

"You can't be serious." Ida said. 

"You're the best." Kirishima said.

"I know I'm hurt, but if I can still move at all then I can't just sit still. I have to reach out and do something. Cause all I can think about is saving them. Most importantly, how can you ask me to just leave my daughters safety in the hands of someone else?" I asked. 

"I'll never agree, so I'm going to come with you." Ida said. We were all a little shocked that Ida agreed to join us. 

Y/n's POV

"I'll ask you one more time Katsuki Bakugo asspiring hero. Will you join the league of villains?" Shigaraki asked. 

"Go throw yourself into traffic." Kacchan said. Shigaraki looked upset about Kacchan saying that. Shigaraki had turned the tv back on as a UA press conference was being held. Mr Aizawa was talking about talking about what happened with the league of villains. "Isn't that strange the heroes are becoming the bad guys? Seems like they're not dealing with this very well at all. So much criticism, but everyone makes a mistake or two right? It's not like they're supposed to be perfect right? Modern day heroes sure have it rough, don't you think Bakugo?" Shigaraki asked. 

"Don't listen to them kid, they're just trying to get under your skin." Kacchan said. I nodded and scooted closer to the chair that Bakugo was tied up in. "Once a hero receives payment for saving people, they aren't a real hero anymore. That's what Stain's actions taught us." The lizard guy said.

"A hero in this current system ony cares about money and glory, and since society buys into those idiotic rules anyone deemed a loser is shoved aside. So we want to pose some questions. What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly fair? Soon everyone will be asking. That's when we'll know we've won and you like winning don't you?" Shigaraki asked. I heard a quiet growl come from Bakugo. "Dabi let him go, but keep the kid tied up." Shigaraki said. 

"You know he'll just fight?" Dabi said.

"It's fine we're recuiting him so we should treat him as a equal, besides he should know he can't take all of us on, right? After all UA students are so clever." Shigaraki said.

"Twice you do it." Dabi said.

"Sure thing! No way." Twice said, in two different voices.

"Do it." Dabi said.

"Aw man." Twice said, complaining.

"I do apologize for such forceful methods. Please understand that we're not some unruly mob committing crimes without a third act in mind. We didn't kidnap you by accident." The masked man said.

"Even though our backgrounds are different everyone here has suffered because of people, rules, and heroes who try to hold us back. I'm sure you're the same." Shigaraki said, as Twice finished undoing Kacchan's restraints. Kacchan rushed him and used his explosion to knock him back. "Shigaraki!" Twice said. 

"I'm done listening to your endless talking. Can you not get to the point or do you like just listening to your own voice? Basically what you're saying is you want to cause some trouble and you want me to join you. Well screw you." Kacchan said, smirking. He stepped in front of me to keep me protected from them. "I like to win just like All Might no matter what you have to offer me that will never change. Do you understand?" Kacchan asked. Shigaraki was looking at the hand that was on the floor which used to be on his face. 

"Father." He whispered.