Chapter 20

Y/n's POV

I watched as papa, and Shoto walked onto the arena before staring each other down before papa was saying something to Shoto. "It's the first match of the second round!" Present Mic shouted. I was getting nervous since papa was fighting against Shoto. "These two have been the frontrunners for the sports festival! It's Midoriya!" Present Mic shouted. I started shifting around in my seat. "Come on papa. You can beat him." I whispered. 

"Versus, Todoroki! Which one will advance to the next round? Begin!" Present Mic shouted. Shoto launched an ice attack from his foot. As his attack was getting closer to papa, he used his power to blast the ice away while breaking his finger. The wind from papa's attack was super cold since it combined with Shoto's ice. Everyone started talking about how cold the wind was while I just watched the fight. Shoto was using some ice to stop himself from flying out of the arena as the wind continues to rush past him. Papa's hand was shaking and his finger looked bad from breaking it. Shoto sent another ice attack towards him before papa used another finger to make another blast of wind, shattering Shoto's ice again. Another icy wind rushed past me before I lit a couple of small fires near my body to keep myself warm. Papa's finger looked bad again, but I could see him shaking. Shoto kept sending ice attack towards papa, each one getting closer and closer to him. I curled my hands into fists as I heard Kirishima talking with Kacchan about how quirks were physical abilities.

Attack after attack was sent towards papa as Shoto used his ice. After his third ice attack, Shoto used his quirk to make a ramp to get closer to papa. Papa smashed the ice ramp as Shoto jumped into the air, getting ready to attack him again. Shoto landed in front of papa punching the ground making ice where he did. Papa jumped out of the way before Shoto sent some ice after him. Papa's foot was caught in the ice before Shoto made a barrier behind him to be kept from flying out of the ring. Papa made a fist and punched the ice that Shoto had just made, knocking Shoto back Shoto back towards the side he started on. I heard papa's scream before I saw his arm. I looked over to see where Shoto had landed and saw him climbing out of the ice barrier he made to protect himself. Papa's arm was covered in a giant bruise as I saw him doing his best not to move his arm. "Papa." I said. He and Shoto were talking for a second before Shoto launched another ice attack at papa. I closed my eyes and looked away from the fight before I felt another impact of cold wind. Everyone was gasping before I opened my eyes. Shoto was almost pushed out of the ring and papa was holding his hand out in front of him. 

Papa was raising his hand before he made a fist and looked at Shoto. "Papa, stop." I whispered.

"Come at me with all you've got!" Papa shouted. Shoto ran towards papa, but something seemed off since Shoto was running slower. Shoto leaped into the air before papa charged at him too. I saw papa activating his quirk in his right arm before he punch Shoto in the chest. Shoto froze some of papa's left arm as he was knocked back from papa. Shoto's attacks were starting to slow down as he kept trying to get close to papa, but any time he was close papa moved out of the way. Papa kept pushing him back before getting ready to break his finger again. I saw Cementoss talking as Midnight held her hand up to her ear. They kept attacking each other with papa still hurting himself to try and win. I started to get worried since papa was in a ton of pain. "Y/n I think it's time to look away." Mama said leaning over to me. I shook my head as papa got ready to use his mouth to launch another attack at Shoto. Shoto was sent back breaking one ice barrier before stopping himself. Papa headbutted him knocking him back a little bit. More ice started covering Shoto's right side as he looked at papa.

Papa readied another attack hitting Shoto in the chest knocking him back some. Shoto looked like he was having trouble standing up before papa shouted something at him. Something about Shoto changed before a wild fire erupted from him. Shoto looked ready to fight again, but this time he was ready to use his power. I heard someone shouting before I looked over and saw a man covered in fire walking up to the edge of the stands. Shoto started to prepare for an attack using both his fire and his ice while papa got ready to counter him. Cementoss and Midnight started using their quirks to stop their attack, but Papa and Shoto had already launched their attack at each other. A giant explosion happened as papa and Shoto attacked each other, Cementoss's barriers were completely destroyed from their attacks. The aftershock of the explosion was crazy as mama tried to protect me from it. "What happened just now?" Present Mic asked. As the dust settled I saw papa out of the ring before he fell over. "Papa?" I asked. The same robots that helped mama came out and picked up papa. "I'm going to see papa." I said getting down from my seat.