Chapter 64

Y/n's POV

Sir Nighteye's stare scared me and I rushed behind papa hoping he'd protect me from the stare. "The nerve. Is this a joke to you?" Sir Nighteye asked, turning to face papa. Papa panicked and leaned back a little. "Uh no I..." Papa said. Sir Nighteye just continued to glare at papa as he walked over to him. "You attempted this blasphemous excuse of an impression on All Might's former sidekick? All Might's wrinkles aren't like this at all, you fool." Sir Nighteye said, messing with papa's face. He started talking about All Might and his facial details papa had wrong. "I don't care for this one bit. You can see yourself out." Sir Nighteye said. He looked at me, which prompted me to hide behind papa some more. "She can stay to try out." Sir Nighteye said. He turned and started walking away from papa and I. "The vinegar river incident. Are you not aware of it, sir?" Papa asked. 

This caught sir Nighteye's attention as papa explained what happened during the incident before explaining that he was trying to impersonate before. "I know this rescue. Although it took place before I teamed up with him. I believe they mentioned it on the widely run television special 'A Look Back.'" Sir Nighteye said.

"Yes, I love that show. I know there weren't any villains involved, so some people thought it was a boring save. I really like it for some reason. Honestly, I think the best part of the whole thing is the witty response he gave after being thanked by the kid he rescued." Papa exclaimed.

"'I should be thanking you. My skin feels ten years younger.'" Sir Nighteye said.

"Yeha that's it! It's the perfect one liner." Papa said.

"Now I see you were just testing me." Sir Nighteye said.

"Oh no, it's just since All Might is a teacher at my school, I never get to geek out about him. I maybe got a little excited." Papa said.

"As I recall it turned out the child's home life was to blame." Sir Nighteye said. I finally stepped out from behind papa and walked over to the machine that sir Nighteye was standing in front of when we walked in. "Hello, I heard you're called Bubble Girl?" I asked.

"Yeah, can you help me out? Mirio, who are these two? The boy is loud while this little one is...." She asked, looking down at me. Once she got a good look at me I was scooped up into a hug. "Oh my gosh! You're so cute!" She cheered, hugging me tightly. Mirio started explaining who papa and I were to Bubble Girl while I did my best to endure her hug. After a bit Sir Nighteye sat down at his desk and had papa and I stand on the other side. "I see, so you both want to do a work-study here. For you it's to hopefully make you stronger and what about for you?" Sir Nighteye asked, looking at me.

"Papa wants to become the best hero and I want to follow in his footsteps." I said.

"I see, but you're how old?" Sir Nighteye asked.

"I'm six." I said, confidently.

"So you're a child. Alright here's your test. Introduce yourself to me!" Sir Nighteye demanded. I jumped a little before walking around to the other side of his desk. I went to take a step towards him, but accidentally tripped on my own feet falling face first into the floor. For a second everything was silent before I started laughing about my tripping over my own feet. "Sorry about that. I'm the Kitsune Hero: Trix!" I said, doing my best to hold in my laughter.

Sir Nighteye just looked at me before I saw him crack a smile. "And here's my partner Trixy!" I shouted, pulling the plushie Momo made me out of my bag. Sir Nighteye laughed a little before looking at me. "Alright you pass. Welcome to my agency." Sir Nighteye said.

"You mean it? I actually passed your test?" I asked. He nodded before I turned into my small fox form, running around the room in excitement. After that Sir Nighteye started explaining about how Work-studies worked for his agency. Sir Nighteye asked for my contract which I handed to him before he stamped it and handed it back. He turned to papa and started talking more about how he needed to show what he could bring to Sir Nighteye's agency. He stood up and told papa that he had to take the stamp seal from Sir Nighteye to approve his own contract. "The three of you go wait outside." Sir Nighteye said. 

"Sir, yes sir." The three of us said.

"Once more with feeling this time."

"Sir!" We said, excitedly before saluting him. Mirio and Bubble Girl started walking away from the office while I waited near the door. "Y/n come on. Let's get a drink." Mirio said. I looked back and nodded slowly following after him as I heard what was happening in the room. Mirio bought me a drink to have while we waited for papa and Sir Nighteye to be finished. I could hear papa moving around at his top speed. After three minutes The noise in the room was finished and Mirio and Bubble Girl burst into the room. Sir Nighteye announced that he'd take papa on for a work-study. After that we headed back to UA and headed into the dorms. Papa kind of got upset that I took a plushie to Sir Nighteye's Agency, but was happy that we both made it into the work-study with him. "You found an agency for your work-study. Congraulations Deku, sweetie." Mama said.

"Thank you!" I cheered. Everyone congratulated us before Denki walked up with a few others talking about how we'd be getting further ahead of them. "I wish I had a place picked out, but the school said that Gunhead hasn't had enough interns so his agency is a no go." Mama complained. Tsu mentioned something similar with Selkie's and Kirishima had no luck with Fourthkind. Everyone was complaining about finding work-studies with agencies. Mr Aizawa came in and brought up how the big three wanted to talk with Kirishima, mama and Tsu. He even mentioned that Hawks offered a work-study with Tokoyami. The next day we went back to Sir Nighteye's agency for our first shift. We were going on patrols and conducting some surveillance. Me, Mirio and papa were in one group while Sir Nighteye and Bubble Girl were in the other. Sir Nighteye explained what we were doing and how his agency was investigating a leader of organized crime. After the mission was explained we set off for our patrol. It was odd walking around the city in my costume. While we were walking around I heard something coming down from one of the alleys we were walking past. I looked down the alley before getting bumped into by a girl with paleblue-gray hair and a horn coming out from her forehead.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" I asked, offering my hand to help her up. As I looked at her she was trembling before I heard another set of steps coming towards us. "You should be more careful. We don't want to cause any trouble for the heroes." Someone said. I looked up seeing the man that Sir Nighteye had us looking for. "Let's go home Eri." He said.