Chapter 15

Y/n's POV

For the next two weeks me and papa trained together doing our best to get stronger. Most nights I was going to bed early because papa didn't want me staying up late. The first day of the came quickly, and we were all in a waiting room getting ready for the festival. I was sitting in mama's lap finishing up some homework that was assigned before the festival. "You doing okay on your homework?" Mama asked. I nodded as I was finishing up the last few problems. "It's weird to think this kid is doing the same homework as us now." Denki said. 

"It's only because she's put in more time with learning the same stuff as us." Mama said. I finished the homework and put it away in my backpack before I looked at papa. He smiled at me before I saw Todoroki standing behind him. "Midoriya, I want you to know that I'm more powerful than you." He said. Papa nodded. "You're right, you are stronger than me." Papa said. I hopped out of mama's lap and walked over to papa. "My papa is the strongest." I said. Todoroki scoffed before Ida entered the room. "Class 1-A, it's time to head out to the field." He said. I grabbed papa's hand as we walked out of the room. Me and papa were the first ones to exit the hall. We entered an open field where the stands were filled with people looking down at us. We divided into our different classes before I looked around, wondering what the first game was going to be. Miss Midnight was standing on a stage in front of everyone, waiting for the festival to start. Mr. Mic was introducing us to everyone in the stands, making me cover my ears because of how loud he was. All the classes were walking onto the field while miss Midnight waited for everyone to settle down. "Alright, time for the introductory speech." Midnight said.

"Is that costume even appropriate?" Kirishima asked. Someone covered my eyes, but I managed to pry their fingers apart to see Kacchan walking up on the stage. "Y/n you don't need to see what Midnight is wearing." Mama said. She tried to close her hands before I managed to get out of her grip and look up at the stage. "I just want everyone to know that I'm going to win." Kacchan said. Everyone from each of the classes started yelling at him, forcing me to cover my ears again. As Kacchan walked down from the stage bumping into papa before walking past him. After that everyone turned back to the stage looking at Midnight. "It's time to decide the first game." Midnight said. A screen popped up on the stage and it started scrolling through something. As the spinning started slowing down before landing on something called an 'obstacle course' I looked at it confused before looking up at mama. "What's an obstacle course?" I asked. 

"All classes will particepate in this contest, it's four kilometers (A/n: About 2.5 miles) around the outside of the stadium. I won't restrain anyone in this game, as long as you don't leave the course you can do whatever your heart desires." Midnight said. Everyone was cheering about the event and how there were no restrictions. "Now everyone take you places." Midnight said. Everyone walked over to an entrance that had a start sign above it. "You ready to particepate in your first sports festival?" Papa asked. I nodded and got ready to run. "Don't forget to use your quirk to your advantage." Papa said. I nodded again before looking up to see the lights for the count down start going out. "Begin!" Midnight said. Everyone rushed forwards trying to make it through the doorway. I transformed into my small fox form and started jumping on top of people's head making my way out. I felt something cold coming from somewhere, I looked down to see a mist covering the floor. The mist turned to ice stopping most people in their tracks. I continued jumping along people's heads avoiding the floor while other's used their quirks to jumped over the ice. I summoned my fire by my feet melting the ice as soon as I touched the ground. 

I was a little ways away behind Todoroki catching up to him. He looked back to see me behind him before he tried to freeze me again. I managed to dodge it and looked back to see mama and others walking across the ice slowly. "Still managed to dodge that I see." Todoroki said. I nodded and caught up enough to run right next to him. I heard Mineta screaming something and looked back to see him in the air, before he got hit by something. Me and Todoroki stopped and looked up in front of us seeing the giant robots that papa and everyone else fought in the entrance exam. "So this is one of the obstacles they put in my way." Todoroki said. I used my quirk transforming into my giant fox form. The giant robot that papa beat threw a punch towards us, but I dodged and climbed on top of it before jumping behind it. I felt the air cool off again this time I looked behind me to see Todoroki running to catch up to me. I transformed again back into my smaller form to make it harder to see me so he couldn't use his ice on me. 

"You won't get away from me!" Todoroki yelled as I heard crashing from behind us. He tried using his ice again, but I continued to dodge it and not get frozen. After he stopped using his ice I  looked behind me to see him using his ice to speed himself up enough to try and catch up to me. I tried running faster, but I heard something exploding behind us. I looked back agaain seeing Kacchan blasting robots as he tried to catch up to us.