Chapter 62

Y/n's POV

Mr Aizawa had us gather in the dorm's common room where he told us about a person from a newspaper company coming to do an article about us and dorm life. "Isn't this amazing Deku?" Mama asked, looking at papa. Papa was super embarrassed and looked away from her while nodding. Everyone started mentioning how it was sort of shocking and how it also wasn't. "That's enough." Mr Aizawa said.

"Yes sir." Everyone said. 

"The article is about how you're settling in, adjusting to dorm life, and that sort of thing. Principal Nezu thought it would be a good idea. This will show your parents and guardians that you're happy here." Mr Aizawa explained. As mr Aizawa was explaining what was going on I heard Mineta talking about how most news people were apparently hot women which just confused me. He also started talking about his quirk and how he'd give her 'an all access pass' which confused me even more. Once he said that mr Aizawa used his scarf to tie Mineta up some. "Papa what does Mineta mean?" I asked. 

"Nothing you need to worry about." Papa and mama said at the same time. 

"Don't worry on my account mr Aizawa. I wanna get a feel for what dorm life is really like so there's no need for them to act any different than normal." Someone said. Mr Aizawa looked over still upset about what was going on. "I didn't say for you to come in yet." Mr Aizawa said. A man with black hair came around a corner. "I was told I have from 8 am to 6 pm (08:00-18:00) so unless my watch is wrong..." The man said. Mr Aizawa let Mineta out of his scarf before the man stepped beside mr Aizawa. "Hello everyone my name is Taneo Tokuda. I'm looking forward to learning more about you all." Tokuda said. 

"It's nice to meet you." Everyone said, bowing to him. 

"Now as I said you don't need to do anything special, just go about your day like normal. The camera will be doing most of the work. I might ask a question or two which I hope you'll be willing to answer." Tokuda said, smiling at us. Everyone was happy while I heard Mineta complaining about how the person wasn't a woman. "Principal Nezu has probably already spoken to you about this, but I want to make sure you don't interfere in anyway. No offense." Tokuda said, looking at mr Aizawa.

"I understand, if you need anything just let me know." Mr Aizawa said.

"I'm sure I'm in very capable hands. This is class 1-A after all. Every student here is a promising hero canidate." Tokuda said. 

"Ida if there's a problem let me know immediately." Mr Aizawa said. Ida stood at attention while saying something about protecting our class. "That's great thanks. So what would you normally be doing around this time of day?" Tokuda said.

"Having breakfast." Ida answered.

"No need to be so formal. Just pretend I'm not here." Tokuda said. After that we started going throughout our day with Tokuda being there and taking pictures randomly. Any time he aimed the camera at me I always ducked away to avoid my picture being taken. While we were eating Tokuda took a picture of Kacchan before Kacchan got angry and tried attacking him. After breakfast I headed to my room and got ready for for the day. After I was ready I headed down to the common room again where a few people along with Tokuda. Tokuda looked at me and raised his camera to take a picture of me. I quickly changed into my small fox form and hid from him. "Sweetie, is something wrong?" Mama asked, coming down to the common room.

I jumped into her arms before crawling onto her shoulder to hide myself. "I'm not a fan of strangers." I said. I heard mama giggle before petting my head. "Alright, you can stay there as long as you want." Mama said. I nodded. "Excuse me miss Uraraka. Do you happen to know where Y/n Midoriya is?" Tokuda asked. 

"I do, is there something you need with her?" Mama asked.

"I wanted to ask her a couple questions about being in the hero course so young." Tokuda said.

"Alright, but I have one condition. I need to be with her while you ask her questions." Mama said.

"Guess I can work with that, but may I ask why you need to be with her?" Tokuda asked.

"I'm sure you remember that two students were kidnapped by the League of Villains. She was one of them and is nervous around strangers now. Plus I also happen to be her mother figure." Mama said. 

"I see, I can agree to that." Tokuda said. Mama nodded before I hopped off her shoulder and changed back to my human form. Tokuda smiled and crouched down to look at me. "Hello again, would you be willing to answer a couple questions?" Tokuda asked. I nodded. "Thank you." Tokuda said. He started asking me about how taking classes at UA was and how I managed to get into the hero course almost ten years early. I answered each before we had to head to school. As we went through our school day like normal I started getting more comfortable with Tokuda taking pictures of me. After school we returned to the dorms and started our homework while some grabbed a snack. Papa and I were outside training some. Papa was perfecting his shoot style while I tried to improve the speed or my transformations. All Might stopped by and gave us some extra meat buns that someone had given him and talked with us about everything going on. After he left I heard the doors to our dorm open. 

"You two getting in one last training session?" Tokuda asked. 

"Yeah." Papa said. Tokuda brought up the fact that the meatbuns that All Might had brought us smelled good. Papa offered him one before Tokuda told us that he was a huge All Might fan just like papa. Papa was shocked that he was a fan of All Might. Tokuda talked about how his dad was someone that All Might saved 18 years ago. Papa and Tokuda started talking about what was going to happen after All Might's retirement. "Midoriya, we still have hope." Tokuda said, showing papa a picture of him and All Might from a few minutes ago. 

"What? A picture? I don't see a camera and how'd you print it?" Papa asked, freaking out a little.

"It turns out my quirk is a pretty handy one to have in journalism." Tokuda said, holding his hand up as a camera lens came out of his palm. He showed us how he could produce camera lenes everywhere on his body. "Everybody heard All Might's last words during the Kamino incident. He was saying that to you. My investigation found plenty of similarities between the two of you." Tokuda said. He started talking about how papa's quirk was a power type just like All Might's, and how papa tried to rescue Kacchan in middle school. Tokuda continued pointing out all the things that seemed to happened involving papa and All Might. He also mentioned he went to the Pussy Cat's agency and talked with Kota. "Midoriya I believe that you are All Might's successor. What do you think about that?" Tokuda said. Papa couldn't find the answer. "You can't lie, can you?" Tokuda asked. I nodded. "That's good, after all heroes speak the truth." Tokuda said. 

"It's just that I..." Papa started.

"You don't have to worry kid, it's not like I'm going to write an expose even if I had evidence. To be honest I should apologize to you. I was never going to report on dorm life.  I apologize, I had to know that there's still life in this world." Tokuda said. Papa and I were shocked that he wasn't going to say anything. "I'm sorry if I caused you any stress, but thank you." Tokuda said.

"Sure." Papa said. 

"One more thing." Tokuda said. He pulled papa close as a lens appeared in his palm again. He took a picture of the two of them before looking at me. "Would you mind one picture with the future symbol of peace?" Tokuda asked.

"Sure, taking a picture with papa sounds fun." I said. Tokuda smiled as papa and I posed holding up a V with our fingers and smiling at the camera. Tokuda printed two copies and handed one to me. "See ya around." Tokuda said, leaving. Mama came out to see what we were talking about before smelling the meatbuns that All Might got for everyone. We headed inside for dinner so we could prepare for the next day.