Chapter 38

Ellie's P.O.V

I woke up with the feeling of being watched. As if eyes were on me, burning my skin. When I woke up I expected to be in my bed but I wasn't. Again I found myself in the same place I was the first time I passed out at Miranda's house. I feel cold but not enough to make me shiver. 

What does this mean?

Growled

I heard an angry growl and I quickly got up into a fighting stance. I access my surroundings which wasn't much. Everything was dark. Nothing could be seen even with my werewolf vision. But I could hear the slow movement of something. It's like it's circling me. Waiting for me to let my guard down. 

Growled 

It growled at me again and this time I felt it at the back of my neck. It was behind me. Slowly I turned around to face it. It was the white wolf again. Staring at me the same way it did the first time we saw each other. With anger. I still do not understand why a white wolf would want to attack me. White wolves aren't to attack anyone unless it's completely necessary. There are a group of female warriors who never abandon their female instinct to love and be kind and nurture. 

To see one with so much anger makes it seem so unbelievable, especially with red eyes. 

Growled 

My attention suddenly got back to the wolf, who suddenly started heading for me. Instead of fighting back, my feet remained planted on the ground and I became completely afraid. My body was paralyzed and I couldn't breathe. As it got closer I could see the full length of its fangs. Once it was close enough it lunges towards me...

I woke up feeling a cool breeze moving swiftly across my body in fright. The first thing I realized when I woke up was that I was in the center of a clearing in the forest. I slowly sat up and looked around. I recognized where I am. I was a few miles from the end of the pack borders...The eastern pack borders. 

How did I get here? And why would I be here? I have always avoided this part of the pack's territory. The part that I was abandoned at birth. Anyways, it still doesn't affect me and I don't care why I am here, I just cared about how did I get here. I got up from the ground and that's when I realized that I was naked and covered in dirt on the forest floor. 

Now this is weird 

"Lizzy?" I called my wolf but there was no response. I haven't spoken to Lizzy in a while and she's slowly fading away but I can still feel her there. Her presence is weak but is still there. 

Am I starting to sleepwalk? Maybe. But naked? 

I should stop talking to myself and start making my way home. "Ellie?" I turned to the sound of the voice and came face to face with Christian and Carl. When they both saw it was me and that I was naked, Christian immediately turned Carl to look the other way. "What the hell dude?" Carl started to complain. "Don't turn back around," Christian said in a stern voice as he took off his shirt and threw it to me before turning around as well. 

I caught it swiftly and put it on. I'm not concerned at all that they both saw me naked because as werewolves when we shirt back from our wolves we tend to be naked. So it's normal for us. Christian and Carl are just giving me privacy. "Can we turn around now?" Carl asked impatiently. Christian hit him on the back of his head "Ow," Carl whimpered as he rubbed his head. I chuckled at the action. 

"Yes Carl, you can turn around," I said as I stood up properly. Christians' shirt was big enough to reach my mid-thighs. No matter how tall I am, he was still taller. His shirt was also sweaty but I could still smell the familiar faint lavender scent emitting from it. "How come I had to turn away before you did?" Carl asked again. "Shut up kid," Christian waves off his question. I forgot that Carl was still a year younger than me. He was still incredibly smart and graduated before his class and excelled in college.